Kate Gosselin has announced she's ready to return to the dating scene, two years after her divorce from husband Jon. The reality star spoke with the Today Show's Ann Curry on Monday (8th August 2011) to promote the new series of 'Kate Plus 8', which returns to TLC this evening.
When quizzed on potential relationships, Kate said, "I'm definitely ready to start dating.There are a lot of obstacles for me. The odds of me bumping into someone are rare", adding that she'd like her best friends to begin rounding up the eligible bachelors. Despite her intentions to return to the dating game, the reality star admitted her large family and hectic lifestyle make it difficult to meet any prospective boyfriends, noting, "I have eight kids, I have a crazy work schedule, I'm known.It's sort of daunting when I think about the obstacles. I'm hoping that person is out there, because the kids on a daily basis are just begging me to get married again. They bring it up all the time". 'Kate Plus 8', previously named 'Jon & Kate Plus 9, debuted its first season in June 2010, with its second hitting screens on 28th November 2010. Little is known of the third season, but it is thought it could revolve around Gosselin's search for a new man.
Kate played down rumours the show would be cancelled after the upcoming season, saying, "Nobody has told me. We will do it as long as people are watching".