Depp: 'I'd Be Happy With No Money' - Comments and Message Board

Box-office receipts "are kind of none of my business," Johnny Depp says.Then how could he base his going rate of 17-million dollars if he didn't concern himself with the end dollar amount? Did he just guess?The only people defending him are women who have some dreamy childish, "21-Jump Street" crush him. Yea he's perfect girls. Keep dreaming....It's all about the money!!!

Posted 9 years 2 months ago by Cepheid

Cepheid's picture

Unselfish?? Look at the movies he has chosen? You mean look at the movies he IS choosing! I don't see him asking for less than 17Million a movie, do you? You can only use so much money! Why isn't he being shown like Angelina Jolie? 30% of her income goes strickly to charitable organizations. Johnny doesn't have to flaunt how much money he would give, just that he gets out there and supports worthwhile charities. Yes, he's lived BOTH ways! That's why it would have even more of an impact for him to promote worthwhile charites. Angolina grew up privileged with a celebrity father and she is promoting the poverty in Africa...Johnny knows what it is like to have poverty in America. Doesn't the saying go "to those whom much is given, much is expected"!

Posted 9 years 2 months ago by irishmeow

irishmeow's picture

I can't believe you guys would say that. Johnny has always said he doesn't care about the money - and proven it by the film roles he chooses. He is fantastically unselfish, and he means it when he says it!

Posted 9 years 2 months ago by spanna

spanna's picture

I laugh at almost everything that comes out of his mouth! What he says is NOT what he does...$17,000 bottle of wine because you were celebrating, ya right, you'd live with no money! Well you might, but your fraile little frog wife wouldn't! You can bet she had baby no.1 timed perfectly to snag you!! She likes attention..look at who she's been linked with! No she would never live in that airstream you just bought! I like the other people's suggestions...you can always help many many people with money like yours. I bet there is tons of families in Kentucky that could use help! Give it all away then! Unbelievable smoke screen Johnny...we are NOT stupid people. We can see right through all of the pretenses. I think you live life like a role you are playing...fake.

Posted 9 years 2 months ago by irishmeow

irishmeow's picture

Oh right, does that mean we can go borrow some of his money now?!!

Posted 9 years 2 months ago by Mousey

Mousey's picture

The height of conceit. One of the luckiest ppl on the face of this earth. Truly a comment to be made when it can never be proven otherwise. I wonder if it has ever occurred to him that it was $$ that got the wife and then the kids in the first place. Cynical, but true. It must be nice to be JD.

Posted 9 years 2 months ago by RJMacReady

RJMacReady's picture

That is why I like him so much because he is not greedy. As long he have enough money for what he needs for his family,and rent than he is fine and that is he's number 1.To me he should win a Oscar POTC2.

Posted 9 years 2 months ago by kathy