The Canadian got a little too close to an open flame at Saturday's (24Oct15) bash in California, and his cotton and Lycra alpaca outfit went up in flames.
Paramedics were called to the party and Bilodeau was taken to a local hospital to receive treatment for non-life-threatening burns on his arms and legs, reports Variety.com.
A statement issued by Bilodeau's representative reads: "From what we understand, it was no one's fault and this was merely a freak accident. Per his doctor, he is expected to make a full recovery.
"While this accident is extremely unfortunate, it serves as a reminder that Halloween costumes and Halloween make-up can be extremely dangerous and flammable. Please exercise precautions this season and be mindful of what you are putting on your body and face."
The incident has prompted U.S. network officials at ABC to postpone production on season five of the actors' hit comedy Baby Daddy, which had been due to continue filming this week (begs26Oct15).