Nerds everywhere are already a bit high-strung, what with last night’s Sherlock episode, but there’s even bigger news today: Game of Thrones trailer! Season 4! It’s happening! You can watch the trailer below.
Here are some (very spoilery) thoughts on this very exciting new thing that we will get to watch starting April 6. Seriously, if you haven't finished season 3, beware of spoilers. In order of appearance:
1. Dragons. There will be dragons. Last season’s CGI was pretty impressive and with an even bigger budget for season 4, they’d better be fierce and terrifying.
2. It’s a testament to Jack Gleeson’s talent that he manages to make even the shortest scene with King Joffrey Baratheon absolutely repellent. Go away, Joffrey. No one likes you.
3. For someone who was captured and tortured by everyone and their grandmother in the last season, Ser Jaime returns better looking than ever.
4. Jorah Mormont looks like your uncle this season.
5. Danaerys Targaryen wins everything, including (probably) some battles. We’ve been waiting for this. We’re ready for this. “They have a choice,” she says. “They can live in my new world or they can die in their old one.” Our budding dictator is all grown up.
Open letter to George R. R. Martin: stop killing off everyone
6. Peter Dinklage is still excellent. Tyrion Lannister is still down on his luck.
7. Jon Snow might actually know some stuff this season. We get a hint of the incoming danger from the wildlings, meaning that (since Jon is still a brother of the Night’s Watch) we’ll probably get to see him battle it out with former lover Ygritte – a woman scorned, if ever there was one.
8. Is Cercei Lannister actually trying to… fix family drama? What is the world coming to?
9. Bran Stark (finally) does some warg-ey things, Arya Stark is angry (again). Sansa Stark might be someone to look out for this season. Despite last season’s event-that-shall-not-be-mentioned, the Stark family lives on.
10. White Walkers!
Game of Thrones has made stars out of many actors, and one of them is Jack Gleeson. The actor plays King Joffrey, the much-hated boy...