Dixie Chicks - Comments and Message Board

adamlovesdixiechicks123's picture

adamlovesdixiec...

I'm absolutely obsessed with the Dixie Chicks! They are so talented! Recently, I have been getting myself into other artists as well such as Mandy Moore. Her new CD Amanda Leigh is incredible. she sounds completely different from her older more "pop" days! She is a great talent, definitely check it out!

Chicks Fan's picture

Chicks Fan

Check out this new site on MSN for the Dixie Chicks. Dixiechicks.msn.com! It is so good that I bookmarked it.

The Hammer's picture

The Hammer

How elitist to say you are an idiot to like The Dixie Chicks or to want to buy their album. No one thought it was "un-American" to bash President Clinton. Oh..that's right, he didn't protect me from the big bad terrorists like Super George...Chuck...you are part of the ultra-conservative,blind faith, blind patriotism, and lover of war crowd that has too much voice these days.I LOVE AMERICA, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, AND I NEVER FORGET...I AM THE BOSS OF THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT, AND SO IS EVERYONE ELSE....OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, AND FOR THE PEOPLE...SOUND FAMILAR? Speaking your mind and telling your government its wrong...if it was okay for Clinton, it's okay with Bush, and hell...Bill never lead us to war over a fairy tale.

bouncequeen's picture

bouncequeen

I love to read all these posts because you people show your ignorance. Do you not see you are showing your freedom of speech when you write these posts? The only difference is you are hiding behind your computer. No one sees your face, none of you would have the balls to say these things to their face. Comment against them if you wish but don't get adolescent with the stupid comments that Natalie is fat or the others are transexual. Get a life. The girl is not FAT and all three are attractive women. Women have just as much right to their oppinion as men. When they talk everyone gets in an uproar. Like, how dare you have a thought or opinion, just shut up and sing. All of you chicken s**ts just keep it intelligent and stop going back to grade school.

teachingyourfuture's picture

teachingyourfuture

First of all, people need to learn how to spell. It is clear that with little education, your mind closes up and forgets that this is the United States of America. You remember, the place where everyone is free to feel the way they wish and express it as they wish. The Dixie Chicks are not traitors. They didn't personally hurt you or your family. They didn't make you a promise, but then break it. No one held a gun to your head and told you to listen to them in the first place. They are also not spies or have hurt our country in a substantial way. However, they are clearly talented, or they wouldn't have won countless awards and sold millions of albums. Relax, and remember, the very thing that you are chastising this group for is what the president is supposedly trying to protect--our freedom.

Kim in Texas's picture

Kim in Texas

Yea Dixie Chicks! Congratulations on your wonderful new CD. It will go platinum! Regarding Reba McEntire’s anti "Chicks" comments at the recent ACM awards ceremony....she can't help it, she's just a close-minded hillbilly from Oklahoma. Funny how in this country you can disagree with an unqualified President that decided to go to war with the wrong country, thus causing thousands of young American lives, and you cause such uproar. But apparently it is OK for a bumpkin like Reba to have an affair with a married man and break up a marriage, not once, but TWICE. Gee, it appears to me that Reba was the one that broke one of the Ten Commandments and not the Dixie Chicks. Just a thought.

chazz's picture

chazz

Must be hot where the Hammer is, He/she seems to be drinking to much Kool-aid.

CHUCKLES's picture

CHUCKLES

IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT THIS GROUP HAS NO TALENT WHATSOEVER, AND THAT THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN GET ANY RECOGNTION IS WITH NONSENSE SUCH AS THIS NEW ALBUM. THE IDIOTS THAT BUY THIS ALBUM WILL CONFIRM THAT THEY ARE JUST AS STUPID AS THESE IDIOTIC YOUNG LADIES. . UNTIL THEY CAME UP WITH THIS GARBAGE WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD THE WORDS "DIXIE CHICKS"? YOU JUST HAVEN'T.CHUCK BEKOS

NoCountry's picture

NoCountry

It's so sad that country music stars have picked sides over someones right to say what they feel in a free country. I have totally changed my mine about country radio, Reba McIntire, Vence Gill, and others that made really bad comments about the Chicks. They had no right and it really shows no one can have a different stance than themselves. When everyone bashed Clinton about a sexual deal-country radio, country stars, republicans, I didnt' stop listening to country. I didn't dislike country singers - I really liked Clinton for the way he ran business in the whitehouse -but I figured people had the right to dislike the him having an unusal personal life (NONE OF OUR BUSINESS) Bush can start a war on total lies, 2,300 soldiers die not counting all the children and others and Country Radio, Country Stars and a lot of Country listeners can destroy people!!! How CRAZY. There are a lot of Me out here over half the country and I'm telling anyone that will listen this will really hurt country radio, I have stopped listening and I'm sure others will.

wtravllr's picture

wtravllr

2 post-op transexuals and a fat girl ... I don't see what all the fuss is about???

dper's picture

dper

Does anyone here use MSN.com as their home page? Have you noticed that MSN has been including "news" about popular music groups on their home page and that if the name of the band is "The Dixie Chicks" thechance of being the band that makes news is about 250 times as good as any other band? Rob Bennet of MSN signed the Chicks on for a two-year contract about four months ago, but the intense "newsworthyness" of this band has gone unnoticed by all sources except MSN since their anti-US political statements were made. If Rob has his way, start looking for Michael Moore to be in the spotlight for every positively spinable move he makes in the future.

John1211's picture

John1211

Please use the media for you music. I feel very strong that your using your musicability to trash ANYBODY, but especially the President of the country, shows the real level of your intelligence deficiency.Don't insult others just becuase you have this stage, and please---those who purchase you music, I plead with you to not suppert these performers financiallybuy purchasing there mixture of talent with lack of intelligence or respect for others opinions.

wtravllr's picture

wtravllr

Why is it that folks on the left think freedom of speech is their right to say anything, but all of us uneducated, poor, ignorant Republicans don't have a right to tell them what we think of what they have just said? I say to the Dixie Chicks - speak your mind, don't hesitate to say what you think but don't be surprised if not everyone agrees with you. There are ignorant responses from folks but remember, left wing liberals have said some unbelievably hateful things against people they disagree with. I guess in my uneducated, ignorant mind, I just don't "get it."

akermanda's picture

akermanda

All entertainment has a message. When our excuse for a news media stops digging for the truth and seeks to entertain, entertainers become our conscience and the purveyors of news and fresh ideas.

wtravllr's picture

wtravllr

Let's be honest. What better way to get your new album covered than by making controversial statements and then have those comments picked up by CNN, TIME, FOX and MSNBC. Whether or not their album is successful remains to be seen. Long term success depends on more than just a good advertising plan. George Bush and his crowd won't be around forever so their next album will have to sell on its own. 5-1 years down the road we will know if the Dixie Chicks are the Jane Fonda's of our time or whether they will just be a great CW group.

tnacboy36's picture

tnacboy36

I am one republican who can separate my political views from my music taste. I also believe everybody has a right to express themselves without death threats or their careers being ruined... I don't agree with everything Bush does but I still support the troops until they come home and think Bush makes more good decisions than bad ones..... I for one love the new Dixie Chicks song and the video is incredible. Listen to the lyrics and you hear the pain this whole situation has caused the chicks. This is still a free country and the right to free speech is what our troops have been fighting to protect for years...... Give the chicks their due credit for a Great song! and video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fairdinkum's picture

fairdinkum

i will tell u who cares we do, we love the dixie chicks we can hardly wait for there concert in oz

Zenguy1213's picture

Zenguy1213

Hurray for the Dixie Chicks for taking on that f**king Bastard Bush. Anybody stupid enough to support that Dick-Head President should just stick his head up his ass and go to sleep. Reading some of these comments, I find it unbelievable that there are so many stupid f**king lemmings in this country!

fairdinkum's picture

fairdinkum

dixie chicks come live in australia we don't care what you say we love your music. you can say what ever about our leader we don't give a s**t.

chazz's picture

chazz

Idiots, 'nuff said.

1stAm4all's picture

1stAm4all

How ironic - the "Three Divas and a Banjo" have trashed and kicked to the curb everyone who helped them get to the top, now they are playing the victim card because those who have been cast aside are no longer supporting them. Frankly, I don't give a rat's rump what the Divas think, but I wouldn't give the price of a concert ticket to hear it. Apparently there are many who think the same - the Divas' "Burn Your Bridges" tour is meeting apathy and indifference in many markets. There is a price for free speech.

beezie50's picture

beezie50

I agree about freedom of speech, here in our country but why go overseas and slander our leader, don't they hate us enough ? I guess my biggest complaint is I am tired of celebs speaking for me, Now we have these actors going on a rotating 'hunger strike' duh, I am not impressed with you at all,, do me a favor - don't stop there, no great loss anyway...I will boycott your movies just like the Dixie Chicks music...

8 years 1 week ago

SupermanHotMale's picture

SupermanHotMale

I just bought the new Dixie Chicks CD and it is just great, no one can make music like the Chicks can, they are truely talented.Long live free speech in America and if you don't stand up for free speech all those soldiers you claim to support died for nothing.You don't have to agree with the Chicks but they have the right to their opinions.Think about it.

dkbart's picture

dkbart

I have infrequently heard of the Dixie Chicks through their attention getting tactics. That is how I ended up here.Country music fans seem to be as American as "Apple pie." Dixie chicks may possibly become successful if they go punk and move to Iraq.Bart

my two cents's picture

my two cents

They're not even cute, who cares about these b-itches. .

AMERICANMAN's picture

AMERICANMAN

I HOPE YOU SPEND MORE CRATING THE ALBUM THAN YOU VER GET FROM IT'S SALE. YOU A R E TRAITORS. I HOPE YOUR CAREERS SUFFER.

faggotjackson's picture

faggotjackson

Use it or lose it. The right to free speech was bought and paid for with thousands of gallons of blood. There are those who would strip that right, and you can bet the first time they're called upon to donate their fair share, they'll be headed to Canada or Mexico.Go Chicks!news://alt.music.michael-jacksonhttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.music.michael-jackson?hl=enhttp://www.childrenhatemj.nethttp://www.fluttergirl.com/michaeljackson/http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=426184

8 years 3 weeks ago

poppet8's picture

poppet8

You go girls! In this supposed democracy, why does the "moral rightwing" so feel the need to use intimidation tactics against those who oppose it? Is this not a technique of the muslim extreamists that this administration and its backers so adamatly war against? I have never been a firm follower of the Dixie Chicks, although I have always enjoyed their music. All I can say is I am now! Keep it up ladies!!!!

deliman1's picture

deliman1

Man i hope natalie has had liposuction before she goes out on tour she was looking very hard on the eyes after having the baby and even before too.she should shut her damn butthole about the president if she wants to alvage her half ass career

U.S.A's picture

U.S.A

I think everyone should buy the Dixie Chicks new Album, just to show support for the freedom of speech we are allowed in this country!Just because you do not agree with someone's opinion, doesn't mean they are not entitled to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 years 3 weeks ago