Beatles - Comments and Message Board

BermudaLennonFan's picture

BermudaLennonFan

If you love John Lennon's music like I do then you will love this Bermudian John Lennon tribute: www.doublefantasybermuda.com

1 year 9 months ago

BeatlesAtTheirBest's picture

BeatlesAtTheirBest

There is a new project at Kickstarter(dot)com for the film "The Beatles at their Best". It is a film focusing on the first 2 years of the Beatles (before Ringo Starr joined the group). According to John Lennon, this is when the Beatles were at there best. kickstarter(dot)com/projects/1007868331/the-beatles-at-their-best

gooddaysunshine's picture

gooddaysunshine

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you that ignorant?????? The Beatles were as stoned as the Stones. Of course they were much cuter and much much more talented but come on !!!!!!!!! You must be very very young indead !!! Our dear Sir Paul still hits the bong daily !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HI HI HI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fmallendine's picture

fmallendine

To see the hidden messages and listen to the songs go to www.thetruthcontest.com, click on the entry The Present and go to page 290 to get to the start of the section, You do not have to play the songs backwards like they thought in the 60's, the message are hidden in plain site once you know the secret code. No one knows what they are really saying until now and we need to get the message out so tell all your friends and other Beatles fans to read the Section and listen to the songs.

Sam Goldberg's picture

Sam Goldberg

How Paul Wrote “Yesterday” By Samuel T Goldberg, MD intrepid reporter Sglmn61@aol.com June 14, 2010, marked the 45th anniversary of Paul McCartney’s recording of the song, “Yesterday”, at Abbey Road Studios in London. Voted the #1 Pop Song of all time by MTV and Rolling Stone Magazine, "Yesterday", according to the Guinness Book of Records, has been covered over 3000 times. Paul’s genius residing more in music than words, he nevertheless was able to adorn this beautiful melody with compelling lyrics, spare and evocative, leading generations of critics to wonder: What was going on in his life at the time that could have inspired him so? After much toil rummaging through the archives and stacks of London bookstores, butcher-shops and pubs, I have uncovered seemingly reliable evidence, a long-discarded reel-to reel tape that, alas, has since been destroyed by an unanticipated eruption of sunspots. Nevertheless, I’m daring to offer the account which follows. Be forewarned, however: as plausible as this report may appear, some details may require further corroboration. Apparently Paul and his girlfriend, Jane, were lounging about at breakfast, still in their bathrobes after their morning showers. Jane's parents, Dr. and Mrs. Asher, had gone off to church, so the kids had the run of the neatly manicured Tudor house___ Despite their happy acceptance of her clean-cut, sometimes cheeky but generally cherubic boyfriend, Jane would never have felt so free if Mummy and Dad had been at home. Jane: Paulie? Paul: Yes, Dear? J: Why were you chatting so long with that brunette at the Cavern the other night? P; Oh, Darling, come on, now, you can't be jealous of Ringo's little sister! J: She didn't look so little to me. P: She was just seventeen! J: Oh, Paul__ You say you will love ME! Tell me I’m the only one. P: OK, Darling. I admit it. I did flirt with her. Had it been another day, I might have looked the other way. You’re making me say that I’ve got nobody but you. But, you're about to go do your theatre thing in Birmingham. Anyway, that girl and I___ We said our goodbyes the night before. I promise! J: You promised: Posh! That girls' just a low-life peasant! P: Hey! Tone it down! I know that she's no peasant! J: I don't know, Paul. When you held me near, you were so sincere: You'd be thinking of ME, if I had to go. But now, things seem different. I fear that one day you'll look, and see I've gone. Paul was stopped in his tracks by this comment. Hadn't he given her all his love? That's all he did! Putting on his most endearing pout, he tried to placate her: P: Tell me baby___ What's been wrong with you? Let me go on loving you. J: Don’t you know that love is to share? You don’t need me to show the way, love. P: Aw, come on, come on. Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you. J: Get away! You tell lies, thinking I can’t see. I gave you everything, and tenderly. I gave you most of my life, Paul. Sacrificed most of my life. P: I gave you everything money could buy! I don’t want to sound complaining, but you know___ You never gave me your money. I gave you all I've got to give! J: But money can't__ P: I know! I know! Don't say it! Jane looked at him searchingly, but with suspicion. J: What goes on in your heart? What goes on in your mind? I'm looking through you. Where did you go? P: Did I say something wrong? You ought to know that I’ve been good, as good as I can be. Try to see it my way! Paul was beginning to despair. After all her words of kindness, she no longer needed him. She'd changed, she’d changed. She wasn't the same. He was going to lose that girl, and now, frantic, all he knew to do was beg on bended knees. If she’d only listen to his pleas___ P: Is there anything I can do? Is there anything that you want? Did I tell you I need you, every single day? What can I do? what can I be? When I’m with you I want to stay here. Let’s both of us think how good it could be. But Jane wasn’t having any of it: J: Did you mean to break my heart and watch me die? Tell me why! I have had enough, so act your age! If only you'd treat me like you did the night before. Paul’s mind ached. Suddenly, he felt half the man he used to be. P: Look what you’re doing! Why do you have to go? J: I’m not going to say! Open up your eyes, now. Tell me what you see. P: There were birds in the sky. Love was in your eyes the night before. Listen to me one more time. How can I get through? Nodding her head from side to side, Jane looked down and pushed away her plate of scrambled eggs. J: In the beginning, I misunderstood, but now I’ve got it. Long ago, I knew someone, but now he’s gone. A great wave of sadness and loss washed through Paul. A shadow hanging over him, he murmured to himself, “She says I’ve hurt her so. She’s almost lost her mind. I think I’ve lost my love.” Dejected, he turned back to Jane and sighed, P: I just can’t go on, if you won’t see me. Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away. J: I loved you! I loved you! That's all I want to say. Until you find a way. Maybe you should go to India, Like George, find Buddha or something. Suddenly, with a great whooshing sound, John appeared outside the window on a flaming pie, screaming, "I don't believe___ in Buddha!!" Resigned at last, Paul replied, "I believe in yesterday." There it is, folks. It seems pretty true to me! Sam Goldberg Clarksville, Maryland

beatlesfansrock's picture

beatlesfansrock

Be the FIRST to OWN the Beatles Remastered Red & Blue Albums and a 46 year old graded Beatles Vintage Stamp! Tune it to QVC tonight from 9-10pm & 2-3am EST for a UNIQUE Beatles Memorabilia Show!

brabinger's picture

brabinger

Hi I love the beatles

Big_George's picture

Big_George

I didn't know Mick Jagger and David Bowie had such strong feelings against John Lennon.youtube.com/watch?v=PxTSkkCA9ps

LiverpoolTour's picture

LiverpoolTour

Beatles fans -- join the Magical History Tour to Liverpool & England. Open to fans of all ages for over 20 years! Organized for fans by fans. For a free brochure, call toll-free (866) L-I-V-E-R-P-O-O-L or email LiverpoolTour@aol.com. Visit website www.LiverpoolTour.com.

cathy anne's picture

cathy anne

Hey Good day sunshine we're you ALIVE during 60's cause I was and the Stones we're influenced to form a band only after the Beatles got thier start and everyone then and now know that and they also decided to do the other style on the advise of the Beatles the Stones accquired thier hit I wanna be your Man from John Lennon and Paul Mccartney it was only later that the Beatles released it as a single with Ringo on lead the Stones we're also consistently asking the Beatles of they could sit in on thier sessions just watch some dvds or better yet since you know so much then I guess you remember watching the broadcast and recording of All you need is Love which aired to around200 millions via sattelite and again the Stones we're there Watch it it's on film now buit oh you don't need to right cause you we're there in the 60's so you remember Have a nice life with cleaning out your ears first remember George Harrison god bless his soul used feedback and discovered it way before Hendrix anyone as well as playing a song on guitar backwards 1st on I'm only sleeping others tried took foreveer and only then Hendrix mastered it at 27 George at the time was 22 cathy anne

john m's picture

john m

they were both the same the only difference is the beatles had that"clean cut cute" image where as the stones never bothered from day one.

Beatle fanatic's picture

Beatle fanatic

In my opinion the Rolling Stones are exactly what the name implies stoned....throughout their entire career, especially that stupid stone faced drummer and spaced out keith richards........as for the rest ...well most are dead or look it.....the Beatles on the other hand are and will be the best song writers and singers forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonycap's picture

tonycap

If you like the Beatles, then you'll like my two Beatles Sites:Beatles Movie Pagebeatlesx1.tripod.comGot Beatles?gotbeatles.ning.com

dantownsend's picture

dantownsend

Are you interested in a Beatles detailed pen drawing on canvas (of the classic revolver album artwork) email me for further info and picturesdantownsend_paintings@hotmail.co.uk bob dylan, elvis, ian curtis, beatles (revolver album style) and many more also paintings in pop art styles are also on offer including jimi hendrix, jonny rotten, anthony kiedis, dave grohl, greenday, dylan, and again many more.... email me dantownsend_paintings@hotmail.co.uk '''commision ideas welcome!'''you can choose the picture colour and size and i'll make it!thanks from dan.if you want to view the picture online nowgo to www.starving-artists.net then search for 'pistols' to view my jonny rotten canvas that is for sale, email if your interested

8 years 3 weeks ago

KEARTH101's picture

KEARTH101

Make sure to go to Beatles Fest this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Aug 21-23)! Play The Beatles Rockband before it hits the stores!For more details go to: kearth101.com/pages/4826080.php

5 years 1 week ago

treasurehunter4's picture

treasurehunter4

15 unreleased tracks have just been found and can be heard Fuego Entertainment website. This is a recording of the first time Ringo played in public with the group. Go to www.fuegoentertainment.com

Beatles Fan's picture

Beatles Fan

The beatles rock!!! I know everything about the beatles. Ive met Paul before and my dad has met John and Paul. I gotta meet Ringo sumday though. The rolling stones are a great band but the Beatles are way better. I have all of their england albims and american ones too. If there were a world triviafor the beatles i wud win, I know absolutely everything about The beatles. When they came out when everyone was born etc. They changed rock music forever. Especially Sgt. peppers lonely Club hearts band album changed rock forever. BEATLES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

xRebelYellx's picture

xRebelYellx

I am “done” with the beatles. Honestly.

line17's picture

line17

I like the song, Thank You Girl. The song is one of my personal top ten.My reason is a long story and is to do with the early Beatlemania days. Ticket To Ride, Tomorrow Never Knows, and Two Of Us are also on my top ten list.

silverbeat's picture

silverbeat

one of the biggest reasons I write songs is because of the Beatles.I made a visit to liverpool not to long ago, and on a ship from liverpool to Ireland I started thinking about how cool it was to walk down penny lane, and visit Strawberry Fields. A tune came in to mind, so I just couldn't help but complete it. I call it "She Loves You". Check it out for free @http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=431867 I've been up and down that laneOf childhood memoriesThe view's that still remain Of realities and fantasiesArouse my mind with sight's and sound'sBeneath the blue suburban skyIllumination is all aroundIn every picture your words describeChorusShe loves you - Yeah yeah yeahKeeps on playing in my headShe loves you - yeah yeah yeahprobably will until I'm deadI've walked through the fields of hopeAnd boyhood pleasantriesA life come in to scopeWith these legacies and destiniesremains the dreams of old and newLiving here in surrounding streetsInfatuation has more the growAs did the love for the Mercy BeatOh How It soothes MeOh How It moves meCheck it out for free @http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=431867 or buy it @ http://www.myspace.com/silverbeat2006

Merseybeat's picture

Merseybeat

Beatles fans have a real treat and a rare oportunity.Who has wanted to play on stage at The Cavern.Liverpool.England?Fans have a chance to play live at the cavern this sunday or monday at Beatles weekby bidding for a Golden chance drem ticket on ebay.Have you seen it?Have a look on ebay under Beatlemaniacs.You are also supporting a charity as a percentage of the bids go to NACC

8 years 5 days ago

adyintlifeforelenorandtaxman's picture

adyintlifeforel...

Just to let you all know, there is a first edition Sgt Pepper's LP up for sale on ebay, im putting a bid on but I had to let you all know!!!!! I can't believe it, its a first edition Sgt Peppers's!!!Peace and love to all!

Aaron-1XX-NZ's picture

Aaron-1XX-NZ

Hi there Beatles Fans. Check out THE BEATLES BASEMENT with ARCHGER - TONIGHT and every Saturday Night from 7pm NEW ZEALAND time. You can listen online through www.1xx.co.nz and a bit further down the page is a link to The Beatles Basement Website.

LizM's picture

LizM

Check out "A Mad Day Out", a newly released print of The Beatles by Motion Picure Director of Photography Stephen Goldblatt. The picture was taken during the recording of the White Album. Preview and purchase this never-before-seen print. Just Go to Fotovision's website and click 'store'

Redwood's picture

Redwood

soundcloud.com/a-carrot-flower/02-my-lifeNew Cover

meatdbeatles's picture

meatdbeatles

DMusic.com, a music networking site for independent musicians that is based outside of Philadelphia, has justreleased our newest compilation CD: "Meat Dbeatles." It's 18 tracks of Beatles covers made by independent artists, ranging from reggae to punk to country.You can check out all of the songs and find out more info at meatdbeatles.com. Let me know what you think!--Tracy

beatlesfansrock's picture

beatlesfansrock

Tune in to QVC on Weds, September 15th, from 6-7PM EST for a UNIQUE Beatles Memorabilia Show. The show highlights the Red & Blue Albums, which have been digitally re-mastered for worldwide CD release, with a Beatles Red & Blue Bundle. The bundle comes with four CDs (54 hit tracks), a vintage 1964 Beatles graded stamp, & a Beatles square acetate collectors set. Other items available include: t-shirts, framed art memorabilia & an Ed Sullivan DVD set featuring the Fab Four.

Jeanie eBeeson's picture

Jeanie eBeeson

What can I say that hasn't already been said? The Beatles changed the music world entirely back in the 60's - the US went from mainly rhythm and blues, soul, and rock to the voice of the Beatles in just a few months. We were so fortunate to have had all four of them for as long as we did - and we are blessed to still have Paul and Ringo. What an awful time that will be when we have to let those two musical wonders take the path of John and George. Hopefully, they both will bless us with more music and memorable concerts before that time comes. As for the Rolling Stones - great music, excellent performances (especially Mick's dancing all over the stage!), terrific band - but TOTALLY different from the Beatles!! We have been lucky to have been able to enjoy such terrific music from both bands for over 40 years - and even luckier that they are still at it - and God willing, they will continue to bless the world with such terrific entertainment for as long as they live - I don't care how old they are - they still make terrific music!!!

Claire's picture

Claire

I love the Beatles! They were and still are the best thing that has ever happened to rock music. I can't imagine what life would be without there influential tunes playing sweetly to all our ears. Who doesn't like the Beatles? Actually.. who doesn't LOVE the Beatles? No one will ever be able to re-write rock history or come close to the magic and beautifulness that was The Beatles xoxo Love you George (r.i.p)p.s. Oasis is great, you guys are great for looking up to the Beatles and making great music.

paul553's picture

paul553

I am here to put my honest opion on the debate between the Rolling Stones and the Beatles?And who are the best?Every one has a different opinion.They may not be right but we have to respect other peoples's views.So I come here to put my point across and respect others!I have a Rolling Stones cd at home and it is fantastic.And i am a Beatle lover and have all their cds.But my views have changed over the years! I used to believe that the Stones were number two to The Beatles.But that view changed a very long time ago.The Rolling Stones dont get near The Beatles at all, in quality,creativity or excitement.The Beatles were always different.On a different planet.They were a one off and will be rememebered as something special.Something that will never be repeated, ever!I was a boy when they began and i grew up with them and i was so priveliged to have a childhood with them around me.I felt the excitement.I heard the music that influenced my life.The magic is of the music.I have heard their music millions of times but the crisp, fresh exciting sound is still there.Their music can reduce me to tears.Put shivers down my spine.The number two for me is the Beach Boys. Thier sound is so superior compared to the Stones.Brian Wilson is a genius and was influenced by the Beatles.He heard Rubber Soul and went out to try and better it and made Pet Sounds.The Beatles heard Pet Sounds which influenced them to write Sgt Pepper.So sorry, The Stones are number three for me. Today,you only have to see the demise of Top of the Pops to realize there is something seriously wrong with our music of today which leaves us with the great groups of the sixties.The Beatles were the leaders and still are!

8 years 3 weeks ago