American Idol - Comments and Message Board

sundown272's picture

sundown272

well I've been watching this show for three seasons now and I have to say that this is the biggest joke of a TV show. Why are all these good singers being voted off and Sanjaya is still there? Is America so bored with itself that it actually lets good singing talent slip by the wayside in order to allow someone like Sanjaya remain on the show, merely because people feel sorry for him? Were is the Talent the show is based on?

sabercat33's picture

sabercat33

i agree ryan is rude to simon, paula says way too many nice things to the contestants. it's like she's scared that they might not like her. who cares tell the truth like simon. it might be a little arsh but it's the real world. i like american idol but it's time for the singers to sing songs up beat i'm tired of the slow and safe songs. it's like they are scared to go for the gold and settle with the bronze. good luck to the contestants.

onefatbaby's picture

onefatbaby

I think that Chris was an excellent singer and will definately have a career in music. Hello! He's so talented that some record label will snatch him up. However, he has shown in his post-Idol interview that he is not American Idol material. What a conceited jerk. An Idol must be gracious and grateful to the public and to his/her peers. What Chris has shown is nothing short of ungratefulness for the great opportunity and a whole lotta self-absorbtion.

phillisha's picture

phillisha

American idol is the best tv show ever which displays alot of talent.I just love this show.

onefatbaby's picture

onefatbaby

Chris has alot of talent and will be snatched up by some big record label. I'm absolutely positive that he will go far. However, he is obviously not American Idol material. Has anyone seen his interview?!? What a conceited jerk. An Idol must be gracious and kind and appreciative of the opportunity to be an Idol contestant. He's just ungrateful and rude and self- absorbed. Good luck, Chris, but get and attitude adjustment.

Corianna's picture

Corianna

The apparent popularity of Taylor Hicks is something that I just don't understand. Watching him makes me cringe. I don't mind listening to him, he has a decent enough voice, but to watch...AAGGGHH!!!!

Robin's picture

Robin

I truly wish yamine would have been in the finaly Taylor is our pick. talented, class, entertainer and singer Go taylor. Catherin inspite of her 10 year voice lessons is no idol By the way, what size are her shoes? 12? 13? you can"t compete with Taylor, lady no way!

Aunt k-k's picture

Aunt k-k

I realize the show ran over last week, BUT to not hear Simon's comments everytime the contestants sing, is soooo dissapointing! Simon makes the show!!!!!!

5 years 1 week ago

sugar ray coney's picture

sugar ray coney

this week,is disco week for american idol,pass the word to lili,that she should sing last dance,by donna summer,star the song off slow,and go in to the disco verson,it is fitted for her voice,and this song would put you back on top,even if this is disco week.do you hear me lili,simmon eyes tell the story,he want you to blow the songs away.

5 years 5 days ago

gazzelle 44's picture

gazzelle 44

Mr simon,yes you are now a brand, congratulations!But I wish to tell you that you are cruel. Theres something wrong about passing off peoples hardest efforts with a few irresponsible ill bred comments, you can be constructive and objective and still be simon, I mean there's a Randy AND a Paula!

TRThibodeaux's picture

TRThibodeaux

The artist that shockingly, "blew me away" last night was hands down....K.D. Lang. Being a 40 yr.old, married, Catholic women of three boys...I haven't given her the credit she deserves. I'm going to buy one of her CD's today.

condominium's picture

condominium

the sangayaisms are already beyond disgusting!And howard stern for his suggestion to vote for the worstvocal is no surprise......the asshole "par excelence"!!!!!(shmocky)

7 years 3 weeks ago

beas143's picture

beas143

I can not believe how rigged American Idol is. I think they know who is going to win before the show even starts. I can not believe that people would vote in a man who looks like an old man and can not sing worth beans. There were so many other contestants that sang much better than he did and yet he still won. Either America has lost it or it was totally rigged. I will not watch the show after that pick....

Corianna's picture

Corianna

So he won did he? (I'm in the U.K. The show doesn't get shown here until Friday)I totally agree with you beas143, it HAS to be a fix. We decided not to watch it anymore when Chris Daughtry got voted out as we became convinced then it was a fiddle. I can't recall who the actress was, but it struck us as odd when she asked Ryan Seacrest if Taylor Hicks could sing Jailhouse Rock again because 'he rocked the show last night' - we reckon that was staged because they knew most people would be stunned when the votes were announced. After hearing last week that Elliot was out there was no doubt left in our minds at all. Although his style of singing isn't to my taste I do recognise his talent and I simply cannot believe that a cringe making, embarrassing, second rate singer like Taylor Hicks can win when he's up against that sort of talent.

eieiomc's picture

eieiomc

I can't believe the judges thought and agreed that Where the boys are was a country song...That was unfair to the singer. She should have another chance. Sorry guys, you were wrong.

devilish_goddess_2010's picture

devilish_goddes...

i have an opion on the last american idol, when chris went home. I think it was the WORST mistake that america has ever made for this season, he was the best one of all of them and didnt deserve to go home AT ALL and he knows that , so does everyone else!!! The guy gives his best then america sends him home thats unfair, now someone else is going to win that doesn't deserve it as much as he did! They should at least bring him back on and give him another chance because he deserves it, and its not that the others dont, its just chris can sing ANYTHING, u name it he can sing it. Everyone was astonished when Ryan said that he [chris] was going home. America totally messed up and made the BEST one go home. Now i dont know about anyone else but i would give him another chance no matter what! Thank you, Sandra Henry im from Jersey Shore Pa, and im 14 years old PS. BRING CHRIS BACK!!!!!!!! PS. MY MOM FEELS THE SAME WAY AND SO DOES THE REST OF THE FAMILY!!!!!!

brits r fun's picture

brits r fun

Why does Ryan Seacrest think he's clever by trying to riducule Simon Cowell? Unfortunately he doesn't have the intelligence to understand our British art of Sarcasm!!!Simon's reference to a Karoke performance means that the person likes to hog the mic but no real feeling.A theme park performance - all singing all dancing and no breadth of character - a George W characteristic.Piano bar performance - background music which is easily forgettable once you've walked away!Simon has breath of character and is honest and doesn't need to kiss anyone's posterior!!!Paula please get the fence the splinters must be hurting by now!!!! I've got some tweezers if you want to borrow a pair!!!!!

6 years 3 days ago

angelin my pocket's picture

angelin my pocket

I am so fruious with this girl Antonella.I think she is disgusting, and truly should be eliminated!She is not that talented, and I didnt like the comment that Simon made, saying that the good news was that she is attractive..why wouldnt he say that to other contestants..some of the good looking black girls. ( I am not Black ) ..but, I can see a preferance happening. Either way, this girl is a pig and she tries to come across as a good wholesome american innocent girl..and she is far from it, she should not be representing America!!

animalsj22's picture

animalsj22

ok who ever hates an idol say who and why!

6 years 54 min ago

animalsj22's picture

animalsj22

i love the song over the rainbow and i agree paula is to nice she needs to pick on them.then they will try harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 years 54 min ago

animalsj22's picture

animalsj22

i love the song over the rainbow!i think paula should push them harder,then they will try harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 years 54 min ago

ghsmom87's picture

ghsmom87

I for one am glad Mr. Conceited is gone. I was blinded by the glare off his head...lol.....Anyways, our true American Idol is Taylor Hicks, he can sing, he has personality and he truly loves his fans. I am from Alabama and I can honestly tell you that Taylor is a true southern gentleman. GO TAYLOR GO!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

conwayt93@aol.com's picture

conwayt93@aol.com

The American Idol show tonight was a big disappointment to me as well as to thousands of other viewers. Technically all they did for two hours was beg for money. If I had known that it was gonna be like that, I would not have watched the show. It was totally cruel to let Jordin think she was going home and she naturally thought that since she was the last one standing. I am now beginning to think, as other viewers do, that "SANGINA" was a "plant". in order to make sure the viewers watched because they wanted him to be sent home. The only thing good on the show last night was Elvis and Celine. That was a very good move. After this season, I think I will watch something else instead. Things have just gone to "pot" with American Idol.

law d's picture

law d

I just watched tonight's result show and I'm astonished how Sanjaya received more votes than Gina the person who was cut tonight. Gina can actually sing and she could carry a tune, Sanjaya is plain boring and he sucks, the bottom 3 should have been Sanjaya, Phil and Haley based on last night's performance, with Sanjaya going home. America got this wrong.

7 years 2 weeks ago

zakiya's picture

zakiya

If you think the voting is rigged, well, besides American Idol there are a bunch of contests for bands to get signed or label deals. I've found this site - I think it's cool because you can hear the contestant's tracks or watch their videos and then vote and help decide who wins. http://www.firsttracks.gather.com/xo zakiya

poohie's picture

poohie

It is truly embarassing to watch paula abdul so wasted this week. what kind of role model is she?Please either send her to rehab or replace her for the sake of all the viewers.

nightmareBush's picture

nightmareBush

Hey! How you doing, I just want to know why Antonella Barba is still on the show, because she was in nude pictures too, just as well as Frenchie, from season 2. She was put off the show when she was better then the other contestants, and now you'll letting Antonella Barba go on that is not fare at all.

American Idol Fan's picture

American Idol Fan

Simon- I totaly agree with your comments on katherine I dont know how america could still have her on she blubs her songs and smiles and licks her lips constantly why does American Idol still have her on???? I think for next years show if america cant vote properly then let you,paula and randy be in total control of the shows voting system and then and only then will america see a true IDOL...P.S bring Chris back he is americas Idol!!!

sarah patterson's picture

sarah patterson

hi my name is sarah patterson from boise idahomy favorite contestants is allison iraheta scottmacintyre, adam lambert, danny gokey. you guys are the best singers that i watch you american idol and i wanted to wish scott a happy birthday. i love every singel one of you. i hope you have a safe touras much i loved you. im going to ask allison irahetawould you like to come to starbucks? its on apple street next to hastings. oh yeah i saw a cake fght video that was allsome

blugenes's picture

blugenes

a person should only be able to vote one time (not 10 times !!!!!) i agree with who said the contestants should write and sing their own songs...

dancedirector's picture

dancedirector

Why is Ryan so rude to Simon, I like Ryan but not recognizing Simon at the end of the show is just rude. Simon's the only one thats truly honest. A fan Alex

pkturner's picture

pkturner

I thought Shakira's dance performance and song on American Idol were inappropriate for this show -- it bordered on the lewdness most often seen on MTV. Most families watch AI because it is a show the whole family can view without having to worry about overt sexuality and nasty lyrics. I think the producers should have been more upset by this than by her failure to meet with contestants.

8 years 2 weeks ago

hotterthanthat's picture

hotterthanthat

Who has the last say about who picks the songs for these contestants? They should have known that Lennon/Mc. songs were on the agenda and NOT let David sing Imagine so early on. He would have been the most outstanding one on this week when they featured their songs! What's up w/that? It may be called American Idol - but this is rigging w/out a doubt.American Idol screwed up the year that they "left"Ruben Studdard win - they thought he would be more "bankable" than Clay -- shows the Producers don't know squat! STOP RIGGING THE SHOW - idiots.

ChasPat's picture

ChasPat

We have watched your show for the last 4 years. This year I don't know what Ryan's problem is. Simon is being honest and it seems that Ryan always has a smart-ass remark to him. He doesn't do that to Paula or Randy. I feel that sometimes Simon says things before he thinks, which we are all guilty of doing occasionally, but Ryans looks like he can't wait to make a nasty remark concerning Simons revue of the performance. I would like to hear Ryan's answer.Thank you,ChasPat

mrsbell's picture

mrsbell

i love AI, i do think it would be great if they had a week, or two where they did their own music, that would be pretty interesting; for sure! i'm going to see some former contestants at idol mania live! you'll have to google it, since i can't put link in here. idol mania live!awesome!! can't wait!!

Dana Bailey's picture

Dana Bailey

Where is RICKY BRADDY? Why haven't we seen and heard more about Ricky Braddy? He has a great voice and we want more! Why is there such a mystery around Ricky? Is American Idol planning some big deal to FINALLY promote Ricky Braddy or will they continue to deny idol lovers the chance to get to know him and hear his unbelievable voice? I want RICKY BRADDY!!!!! NOWWWWWWWW...

sinead's picture

sinead

i luv simon;he tells as is and dont beat around the bush;lets face it my god some of these contestants for real?and i do agrree with some ryan getting to c**ky for his own good;is he gay?maybe he fancy simon ;i also like paula and randy they make the show i live in canada and that canadian idol is ghit they judges drive me nuts;that guy would like to think he is a twin of simon;he has no classs;so keep up the good work simon; cheers.

Jevon66's picture

Jevon66

I think if people real want to compete then they should have contestants write their own songs without music and sing them. That would be a good show. Not contestants singing others songs, but their own.