Harrison Ford To Be Shot From “Waist Up” For Star Wars: Episode VII?
J.J Abrams may be forced to improvise as Harrison Ford recovers from the injury he suffered on the Star Wars set.
Harrison Ford’s son, Ben Ford, has speculated that his father could be shot from the waist up for Star Wars: Episode VII whilst he recuperates from an injured ankle. The 71-year-old, who plays Han Solo in the sci-fi movies, was airlifted to hospital in Oxford last week after a hydraulic door fell on him at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire.
J.J Abrams sits next do Harrison Ford at the Star Wars Episode VII script read-through
Ford’s son Ben told Yahoo news that his father may need a plate and screws put into his ankle, with director J.J Abrams shooting him from the waist up until his ankle is strong enough.
A spokesperson for actress Calista Flockhart, Ford’s wife, told the Telegraph that she “en route” from America to Oxford to see her husband on Saturday.
More: Harrison Ford
LucasFilm released a statement after Ford’s injury saying that “shooting will continue as planned while Ford recuperates.”
"Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of 'Star Wars: Episode VII,'" the statement read. "He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care”
Star Wars: Episode VII is set for release in December 2016, with Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher reprising their roles from the original movies alongside newcomers including John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver and Max Von Sydow. It is not known whether Ford’s injury will affect the intended release date.