Gwyneth Paltrow has apparently declined Anna Wintour's invitation to the glittering Met Ball gala on May 5 in the wake of her split from Chris Martin.
Gwyneth Paltrow won't be attending the Met Ball.
The 'Iron Man' actress has declined to accept Anna Wintour's invitation to the prestigious event at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the wake of her split from her husband Chris Martin after 10 years of marriage.
Her representative told Threads magazine: ''Gwyneth will not be in New York and is unable to attend the ball.''
This comes after Gwyneth slammed the high-profile gala, which is being held on May 5, in a radio interview last year, during which she also professed to being ''drunk''.
She declared: ''It sucked. You always think, 'Oh my god, it's gonna be so glamorous and amazing and you're going to see all these people,' and then you get there and it's so hot and it's so crowded and everyone's pushing you.''
Sources have insisted the A-list actress was definitely on the limited guest list for this year's extra exclusive event, despite her comments.
A VOGUE spokesperson told Threads the magazine ''is always happy to have Gwyneth attend the Met Gala.''
Gwyneth, who has children Apple, nine, and Moses, eight, with Coldplay frontman Chris, was recently forced to dismiss claims her lifestyle website Goop.com was $1.2 million in debt, promising some ''exciting'' changes in future.
The ‘Luther’ actor is one of the hot favourites to take over from Daniel Craig.
Perry made more than any other musician this year including rival Taylor Swift and boyband One Direction.