Glasvegas frontman James Allan has revealed the band cancelled shows on their 2009 US tour because he suffered an overdose.
Glasvegas frontman James Allan has confessed the band axed American tour dates because he suffered an overdose.
The Scottish band pulled out of the 2009 Coachella music festival, which is held in the Californian desert, at the last minute announcing that the 31-year old musician was suffering from "exhaustion and dehydration".
However, James has now admitted the real reason they couldn't take to the stage was because he overdosed on an unspecified substance.
He said: "It's funny the fancy names people come up with when somebody has an overdose."
James - who is gearing up to release the band's new album 'Euphoric///Heartbreak\\\' - also revealed the weeks following the incident were tough to get through.
He is quoted by The Sun newspaper as saying: "It was difficult to connect a fork with rice to my mouth. I was flinging half my dinners on the floor. I was no use to nobody.
"But that's just part of living, whether that scares people or whatever, I don't know."