Gary Coleman reportedly took out a restraining order against ex-wife Shannon Price a few months before his death, but never served her with the document.
Gary Coleman secretly took out a restraining order against his ex-wife a few months before he died.
The 'Different Strokes' actor - who passed away last month after suffering a brain haemorrhage - claimed in the documents that Shannon Price had moved back into his Utah home against his wishes while he was in hospital.
In the documents - which were filed under 'John Doe Vs. Jane Doe' - the actor alleged Shannon: "has shown a tendency to damage, destroy and steal my property and I believe she will continue to do so in my absence and while she is trespassing in my home."
However, though the order was granted on February 19 2010, Gary never served it on his former spouse, who has said they were on the verge of remarrying before his death.
The actor's former agent Robert Malcolm told RadarOnline.com: "The dynamics of their relationship were very unhealthy.
"This time he knew he needed to break away so he made sure she was not allowed in his home, but then he had feelings for her even though she was abusive and so he allowed her back into his home."
Gary - who had his lawyer make an ex parte court appearance to get the restraining order, meaning all parties did not need to be present for the hearing - also explained he feared Shannon's revenge, which is why he applied for the document under a false name.
He wrote: "I believe if she is given any warning of this pending order to require her to immediately vacate the home, she will cause more damage and destroy more irreplaceable memorabilia, documents, personal papers and other such valuables.
"I would therefore ask the Court to issue this order ex parte requiring her removal from the home and restraining her from going upon the premises of my home under any circumstances."
He also requested police be present when Shannon removed her belongings.