Singer Elton John has had his appendix removed in Monaco after being diagnosed with Appendicitis.
Looks like Elton John needed some 'Healing Hands' after the agony of appendicitis. The 66-year-old star underwent surgery in Monaco to remove a decidedly rotten appendix. Speaking to The Sun, the performer told of how he performed 10 shows "in agony" before he eventually saw a doctor. "I was a ticking time bomb. I guess I could have died at any time. I feel so lucky and grateful to be alive," the 'Tiny Dancer' said, as reported by BBC News.
Recuperating: Elton John Is Now Appendix-Less.
The condition, caused by inflammation of the appendix, meant that Elton had to cancel a few summer shows last month, including a headline gig in London's Hyde Park. Posting on his website, Elton thanked fans who've shown him support and understanding throughout his painful condition: "I would like to thank the literally thousands of people who have sent me get well cards and messages over the past two weeks.
Your well wishes have touched me deeply and will play a big part in my recovery. I cannot wait to see you all and thank you in person when I resume my concert schedule later this year. In the meantime, please know that I consider myself a very blessed man to have such caring and considerate fans. With all my love, Elton"
Wearing His Trademark Tinted Glasses.
The appendix, AKA the vermiform appendix, is a pouchlike structure connected to the end of the colon in the human digestive system. Thought to aid in the digestion of plants, the organ is now considered redundant in humans. Elton's was removed in Monaco's Princess Grace Hospital on Thursday (1st August) and the singer and pianist is now recovering in his home in Nice, France.
Elton John's 'Healing Hands':
Elton is expected to make a full recovery in time for his September BRITs Icon Award ceremony during which he'll perform hits and receive his award. Tickets are being offered to members of his fan club, The Rocket Club.