Disney CEO Robert Iger said Tuesday that his company has not taken any money from the Blu-ray high-definition video camp to continue releasing its movies in Blu-ray exclusively. Iger's comments came at an investors' conference in New York where News Corp's Rupert Murdoch charged earlier in the day that Viacom's Paramount unit had received $150 million to drop Blu-ray and go with HD DVD exclusively. "We haven't taken any money because we think it's far and away the best business. ... I think it's a foregone conclusion about which [format] will win," Iger said. Still later in the day Time Warner CEO Richard Parsons said that Warner Home Video will continue releasing films in both formats. "Our objective is not to take sides on the format but to do what we need to do to get maximum penetration."




19/09/2007