The Disney soundtrack has become the first album to sell over 1 million copies in 2014.
In doing so, the film's soundtrack becomes the first album of 2014 to have sold over $1 million copies.
Since being released back in November (2013), the Disney album has sold 1.4 million copies, and 338,000 of those were shifted last year.
Although this week hasn't been solid for album sales, 'Frozen' has managed to reach a mere 99,000 copies to earn the top spot.
One of the reasons for a sale surge in copies over this week is due to 'Frozen' being released on DVD and Blue Ray this past Tuesday (March 18th). The soundtrack is being placed alongside the home video versions in all major retailers.
Additionally, the soundtrack has become just one of four to stay atop of the album charts for up to 6 weeks, with the last being 'Titanic' album in 1998, which was No.1 for 16 weeks. The all-time leader in soundtrack is 'Sound of Music' as that was a chart topper for an impressive 53 weeks in 1962 and 1963.
In a poor week or album sales, hitting the No.2 spot was Luke Bryan's 'Spring Break 6...Like We Ain't Ever' EP with 74,000 sold.
Last week's No.1, Rick Ross's 'Mastermind' fails to repeat the same kind of success as it falls into 3rd position by dropping a massive 73%, only selling 49,000 copies.
Aloe Blacc's 'Lift Your Spirit' lands at No.4 by selling just over 45,000 copies and Pharrell Williams still holds a top 5 position with his latest studio set 'G I R L', which sold 45,000.
See the rest of the week's Billboard Hot 200 top ten below:
1. 'Frozen (2013)' -Soundtrack (99,000)
2. 'Spring Break 6' - Luke Bryan (74,000)
3. 'Mastermind' - Rick Ross (49,000)
4. 'Lift Your Spirit' - Aloe Blacc (45,000)
5. 'G I R L' - Pharrell Williams (45,000)
6. 'Stereolithic' - 311 (31,000 - 45,000)
7. 'Rise of an Empire' - Young Money Entertainment's Artists (31,000)
8. 'Pure Heroine' - Lorde (27,000)
9. 'Slow Me Down' - Sara Evans (27,000)
10. 'The Outsiders' - Eric Church (23,000)