An eventful week in New Orleans for Cuba Gooding Jr. Looks like it's going to end happily after the waitress he was accused of shoving in a restaurant appears to not be going ahead with pressing charges. The actor's week began late Monday night when he was at the Old Absinthe Bar House being harassed by fans, his mood being darkened to such an extent that he apparently pusher one of the staff there. On Tuesday (July 31st) the police subsequently issued a warrant for his release, although this was then retracted after Gooding Jr met with them the day after to discuss the matter, with widely reported quotes suggesting that the whole thing had been a misunderstanding.
It's unclear if it was, but whatever, it appears that the waitress in question won't be wanting to go to court. "It is our understanding the employee involved in the alleged altercation has chosen to drop all charges against Mr Cuba Gooding Jr," said Old Absinthe House spokeswoman Carolyn Pierce to The Press Association. "While we continue to investigate this matter internally, we are hopeful that this will put an end to the matter."
Ryan Berni, a city spokesman, said: "The witness indeed has indicated that she is likely to drop the charges. If she does, and after prosecutors review the evidence, a determination will be made as to whether to dismiss the charges." Poor Cuba, he was only there to work on his current film!