Courtney Love has been offered a staggering $162 million (£108 million) for her majority stake in Nirvana's back catalogue.
The Hole frontwoman inherited the band's publishing rights when her husband and Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain committed suicide in 1994.
She sold off 25 per cent of the End of Music catalogue in 2006, pocketing $50 million (£33.35 million), but Love recently admitted she was considering offloading her remaining 75 per cent share after becoming convinced the royalty payments she receives are "cursed".
She insisted the decision was motivated by emotions, not financial gain, because she simply wants to move on from the Cobain tragedy.
She said, "I'm thinking about selling off all of Kurt's publishing. All of the rights, everything. It's not a financial decision; it's an emotional one.
"He was the best friend I've ever had, but Kurt and I were only married for three years, and now I need to have my own life. I'm always 'the widow' and that drives me nuts. That money has been cursed since the day it started to come in. It's not really my money."
Executives at Evergreen Capital are keen to relieve Love of her worries and have stepped up with the big money offer, reports the New York Daily News.
A source says, "Courtney thinks the catalogue comes with too many memories. It's haunted."
Love has yet to respond to the offer.