Coldplay's VIVA LA VIDA OR DEATH & ALL HIS FRIENDS was the world's best-selling album in 2008, according to newly-released statistics.
The hit release beat AC DC's Black Ice and the soundtrack to movie musical Mamma Mia!, according to International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) figures.
The top 10 best-selling albums of 2008 globally are:
1. Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends - Coldplay
2. Black Ice - AC DC
3. Mamma Mia! The Movie Soundtrack featuring The Songs Of Abba - Various
4. Rockferry - Duffy
5. Death Magnetic - Metallica
6. Spirit - Leona Lewis
7. Back To Black - Amy Winehouse
8. High School Musical 3: Senior Year - Various
9. Tha Carter III - Lil Wayne
10. Good Girl Gone Bad - Rihanna