However, the 88 year old star suffered another fall at home recently, which set back his recovery from keyhole surgery.
Sir Bruce Forsyth’s long-term recovery from his various health problems recently took another setback, with the entertainer’s wife Lady Wilnelia revealing that he suffered another fall at home while recovering from surgery.
Wilnelia appeared on ITV’s ‘This Morning’ on Thursday (November 10th), and gave an update as to how the 88 year old entertainment legend was recovering from keyhole surgery he underwent late last year. Forsyth went under the knife when doctors found two aneurysms when a full body scan was conducted after his first fall at his home in Surrey, which happened back in October 2015.
Sir Bruce Forsyth with his wife, Lady Wilnelia, in 2015
Continue reading: Sir Bruce Forsyth's Wife Says He Hopes To Return To Public Life
A sculpture of Sir Bruce Forsyth is one of the pieces at the Heads at the Tower A Retrospective exhibition by Royal sculptor Frances Segelman. The collection of work is on display at the Tower of London in aid of the Stroke Association. - London, United Kingdom - Tuesday 25th October 2016
It had been claimed the 88-year-old presenter was done with television for good.
Bruce Forsyth has not quit showbiz, his manager has confirmed.
The 88-year-old, who is still recovering from surgery after a serious fall at his home in Surrey last year, was reported to have quietly retired after 77 years in showbiz.
But according to his manager Ian Wilson, Forsyth has made ‘no formal or informal decision’ about his retirement.
Continue reading: Bruce Forsyth Has Not Retired From Showbiz Yet
Bruce Forsyth steps down from Strictly Come DancingSir Bruce Forsyth Strictly Come Dancing 2012 launch - Arrivals London, England - 11.09.12 Featuring: Sir Bruce Forsyth Where: London, United Kingdom When: 11 Sep 2012
The pro dancer and her husband James Jordan got hot and heavy one night before filming the BBC show.
Ola Jordan has revealed that she once dodged a potentially very embarrassing incident with Sir Bruce Forsyth backstage at ‘Strictly Come Dancing’. In her new book, Strictly Ola: My Story, which is being serialised in the Mail on Sunday, the dancer described how she and husband James Jordan once got very passionate in the dressing room, only to be nearly caught by Brucie.
Ola and James were nearly caught having sex by none other than Bruce Forsyth
Ola writes that she loved working with the TV legend, describing him as a 'genuine and lovely man'. She said that whenever you bumped into Bruce in the BBC TV Centre corridors, he’d always stop for a chat to ask how things were going, but one day she really wished he hadn’t.
Concerns for Forsyth's health were triggered when it was announced he wouldn't be attending the launch of his wife Lady Wilnelia's new range of candles.
British entertainment icon Sir Bruce Forsyth is “doing much better” as he continues his long journey to recovery after a life-saving heart operation he had nearly seven months ago.
The 88 year old presenter had sparked new concerns over his health after it was announced at the weekend that he would not be attending the public launch of his wife Lady Wilnelia Forsyth-Johnson’s new range of candles, because of “mobility issues”.
Sir Bruce Forsyth and his wife Lady Wilnelia in 2015
Continue reading: Sir Bruce Forsyth "Doing Much Better" After Heart Surgery
Forsyth had been hoping to co-host the 'Strictly' Christmas special, but has been forced to withdraw as he's recovering from surgery.
The veteran presenter, 87, underwent an operation on an abdominal aortic aneurysm in mid-November, but his doctors have decided that the filming, due to start to next week, will come too soon for Forsyth “to have made a full recovery”.
The BBC released a statement on Thursday (December 3rd) saying that “Due to the long studio hours, he is unable to host the show, but will still play a part in the production.” The episode itself will be broadcast on Christmas Day on BBC One, and regular host Claudia Winkleman will be taking over Forsyth’s presenting duties for the short special episode.
Continue reading: Sir Bruce Forsyth Pulls Out Of 'Strictly' Christmas Special
He'll be reunited with Tess Daly for the special, which will see four cast members of 'Call The Midwife' competing.
Sir Bruce Forsyth is to make a one-off return to ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ for a special episode during ‘Children In Need’, which will feature the cast of fellow BBC family favourite ‘Call The Midwife’.
The fundraising evening of programming will see the 87 year old veteran reunited with his former ‘Strictly’ co-host Tess Daly, as stars such as Jenny Agutter, Laura Main, Jack Ashton and Stephen McGann compete for the Pudsey Glitter Ball trophy with professional partners Ian Waite, Joanne Clifton, Brendan Cole and Oti Mabuse.
Of course, there’s a cast member of ‘Call The Midwife’ currently competing in the main ‘Strictly’ competition this year, with Helen George impressing the judges with her moves, and the rest of the cast will be hoping to match her impressive performances.
The TV legend suffered minor cuts and a concussion, and has had to cancel his appearance in his variety show 'Bruce's Hall of Fame'.
Sir Bruce Forsyth has been admitted to hospital after he sustained minor injuries and a concussion after slipping and falling in his home.
The 87 year old former ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ presenter, and perennial British TV favourite, was taken to hospital on Thursday (October 8th) and, after undergoing a series of tests and scans, was ordered by doctors to take a week of complete rest.
It means that Forsyth has had to pull out of his scheduled appearance this weekend hosting his BBC variety show ‘Bruce’s Hall of Fame’. He had been due to take to the stage alongside Catherine Tate and Alexander Armstrong at London’s Dominion Theatre, but instead the latter has been bumped up to the role of compere for the evening.
Continue reading: Sir Bruce Forsyth Taken To Hospital After Falling At His Home
Bruce Forsyth - An impressive list of global celebrities, including Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, Wayne Rooney, Jessie J, Sarah Jessica Parker and Tinie Tempah are supporting Matalan's Christmas charity campaign by modelling their new Alphabet Scarves in aid of Alder Hey Children's Hospital. The famous personalities, as well as patrons, ambassadors and patients of Alder Hey, have shown their support for the campaign by wearing the scarves with their initial displayed as a collegiate style appliqué letter. Jason Hargreaves, Managing Director at Matalan, said: "Family is at the heart of everything we do at Matalan so a partnership with Alder Hey Children's Hospital was a perfect fit for us. "We're extremely excited to be working on such a special project together this Christmas that will help us to raise much needed funds for the hospital whilst offering our customers a perfect gift for their loved ones." The Alphabet Scarves, which have also been modelled by the likes of Helen Mirren, Rod Stewart, Tinie Tempah and Bruce Forsyth, are on sale in Matalan stores across the UK and online at www.Matalan.co.uk priced at £10 and £5 for children, with 100% of profits going straight to Alder Hey. Available in a variety of vibrant winter colours for women, men and children, the scarves feature a collegiate style appliqué letter prefect for gifting loved ones this Christmas. The money raised by Alphabet Scarves will go towards a new state-of-the-art children's hospital, education and research centre 'Alder Hey in the Park'. Planned to open in 2015, Europe's only children's 'hospital in a park' will bring together excellent care, technology and design to provide the best possible healing environment for children and their families. Coupled with first class teaching and research the hospital will be designed to attract the best talent in the world. Louise Barrett, Head of Corporate and Major Giving for Alder Hey Children's Charity "We are incredibly excit - - Tuesday 28th October 2014
The show's 11th season saw Clancy emerge victorious in an all-girl final
Abbey Clancy was named the winner of the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday (21 Dec.) night, earning her and professional dancer Aljaz Skorjanec the glitter ball trophy. Clancy emerged victorious from an all-female final, beting actress Natalie Gumede, newsreader Susanna Reid and singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor to the grand prize.
Clancy and ex-Corrie star Natalie Gumede were the best performers on the night
BBC Breakfast presenter Reid had been the bookie's favourite to take home the award, but after a valiant display from Clancy in the final episode of the season, the viewers at home voted Mrs Peter Crouch to be the Dancing Queen, also preventing Reid from being the third BBC presenter to win the contest. Clancy later called Strictly "the most perfect experience I've had" and her professional partner Skorjanec, who made his debut on the series this season, said: "I can't believe this; it's just mad."
Continue reading: Abbey Clancy Crowned 'Strictly Come Dancing' 2013 Winner
Bruce Forsyth has had to cancel his appearance on 'Strictly' this weekend after being diagnosed with flu.
Bruce Forsyth has been forced to withdraw from the upcoming Saturday show of 'Strictly Come Dancing' after suffering from a nasty onset of the dreaded flu.
It's rare for the 85-year-old entertainer to miss a day of work with his last absence from a show being in 2009 - a good record for someone of his age. However, the BBC has revealed that he is once again simply too ill to present the dance contest this week.
"Sir Bruce Forsyth has the flu and therefore isn't feeling well enough to present tomorrow's Strictly Come Dancing on BBC One," read a statement from the BBC. Don't worry too much though as the TV company also added, "The show looks forward to his return next week." Meanwhile, his place alongside Tess Daly has been temporarily usurped by Claudia Winkleman, whose usual post is the Sunday night results show.
Following his accusation that appearing on the show too young could have regrettable side effects, it appears as though there are few involved on BGT who care.
Britain's Got Talent was blasted by telly host and national treasure Bruce Forsyth this week, with the veteran host commenting on the "damaging" effect appearing on the show could have on children. Despite his words, it seems as though some people involved in this years show have failed to acknowledge Brucie's point, saying they see no potentially harmful side-effects of appearing in the show.
Speaking on Richard Bacon's 5 Live show on Monday (May 27), Brucie said that although he admires the format of BGT, he could never approve of having young children take part. He told Bacon, "To put them on that time of the evening with millions watching, the great big theatre and the emotions - it could be disastrous for a child."
On Monday's live BGT show, Cowell addressed the comments himself, referring to Forsyth as "Mr Grumpy," which is very rich coming from Cowell. Speaking after the performances of young performers Youth Creation and Arisxandra Libantino, who is 11-years-old, he said, "If you've got it, you've got it, who cares how old you are? It was one of the best performances of the night and I'd like to dedicate this one to Bruce."
Continue reading: BGT Finalists Aren't Shaken By Bruce Forsyth's Derogatory Comments
Date of birth
22nd February, 1928