There are news for nearly every Disney fandom - from Star Wars to The Incredibles, even Frozen was not left out.
In news you didn’t know you needed until right now, Disney has confirmed the development of two new Pixar flicks. One is a third Cars movie, but before you cringe and ash “Why?”, the other project is a sequel to The Incredibles! So said Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger during a sort of “State of the Disney Union” address on Tuesday, during Disney’s annual meeting of shareholders, in Portland, Ore.
jJ Abrams is bringing back Luke, Leia and Han... maybe.
There was also some Star Wars info casually dropped into the conversation. Iger revealed that the next Star Wars movie will pick up 30 years after the events in 1983's Return of the Jedi. This means that the speculation about Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher returning to play aging versions of their original characters might have been spot on or at least it works within the time frame. Iger was careful not to reveal too much, however and only hinted at the possibility.
And the incredibles are coming back - good news all round.
"There will be some very familiar faces along with a trio of new young leads," Iger said, according to THR. "The team is well into preproduction and from the concept art that I have seen so far, Star Wars: Episode VII really looks amazing."
There were also mentions of Frozen, which is now apparently close to surpassing Toy Story as Disney’s top grossing animated film. On the PIxar front, Iger also said: "We have plans for a new Cars movie and on top of that, Brad Bird is already working on a great story for a new Incredibles film."
Brad Bird has been tapped to pen the story for the new Incredibles film.