Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert rejected a $1 million deal to perform three shows in Las Vegas.

The country couple turned down the offer and tried to negotiate a $1.25 million deal, meaning they would earn $416,000 for each show, to play a hat-trick of gigs over one weekend at Caesars Palace's The Colosseum in Sin City.

But, according to TMZ, their counter offer was then rejected by the venue's operator AEG.

Blake and Miranda - who got married in 2011 - have followed in the footsteps of the late Robin Williams and Mariah Carey, who turned down respective 2012 and 2013 offers to strut their stuff on the Colosseum stage.

Organisers have been desperately searching for a replacement for Celine Dion after she went on a hiatus to indefinitely care for her 72-year-old spouse René Angélil, who underwent treatment for a second bout of throat cancer in December.

Mariah and Adele were recently said to be at the top of Colosseum bosses' wish list, with sources claiming last week that the 'Hero' hitmaker - who is living separately from her husband Nick Cannon - was offered $750,000 for two shows.

This comes after late actor Robin - who was founded hanged at his home on August 11 - was said to have turned down a $600,000 offer to headline two shows at the venue in 2012.