A new contestant will enter the Big Brother house after Alexandra De-Gale was removed for threatening other housemates.

The 23-year-old, from Croydon, south London, was due to face eviction alongside Mario Marconi, 43, on Friday but the vote has now been suspended after she was thrown off the ninth series of the show for making references to her "gangster friends".

A new contestant will now enter the Big Brother house following Alexandra's exit interview with Davina Mccall.

She had already been reprimanded by Big Brother after being perceived to have bullied other contestants after Ofcom received 433 complaints when Alexandra De-Gale verbally attacked Rebecca Shiner, Rachel Rice and Stephanie McMichael in an argument over food.

And after she reportedly made threatening remarks while discussing her nomination for eviction, Channel 4 took the decision to remove her from the house.

According to a transcript of a conversation between Alexandra and albino contestant Darnell Swallow, she said: "I'm not throwing water at anyone. It's bigger than that... personal offence is never forgotten, do you know what I mean?

"We are just inside the house. I've got a very, very, very, very, very strong team outside the house."

She added: "I just can't wait to see my mans and them and see what their plans are, who they got... I'm not talking about those mans, I'm talking about my gangster friends. They got some instructions to follow out."

Alexandra was called to the diary room at 20:00 BST on Wednesday and removed from the house without further contact with other contestants, who were told at 21:15.

Big Brother is screened on Channel 4 tonight at 21:00 and between 22:30 and 23:05.


20/06/2008 12:43:25