'The Fifth Estate' has been named the biggest film flop of 2013 by Forbes magazine. 'Paranoia', 'Bullet to the Head' and 'R.I.P.D.' also made the cut.
'The Fifth Estate' has been named 2013's biggest box office flop by Forbes magazine.
The controversial WikiLeaks drama, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Julian Assange, is considered the least successful major release of the year based on box office receipts in comparison to its budget.
The film grossed $6 million worldwide based on a $28 million budget, it's claimed, which means it saw just returns of just 21 per cent.
Second on the list - which only takes into consideration production budgets, not additional money spent on marketing - was Sylvester Stallone action movie 'Bullet to the Head', which is calculated to have seen a 36 per cent return after grossing $9 million worldwide on a $25 million budget.
'Paranoia', which starred a host of big names including 'The Hunger Games' hunk Liam Hemsworth, Harrison Ford, Gary Oldman and Amber Heard, ranked third with global takings of $13.5 million, while it's budget is believed to be $35 million.
Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges' supernatural summer blockbuster 'R.I.P.D.', which boasts the biggest budget on the list - $130 million - ranked ninth.
Forbes' biggest movie flops of 2013:
1. 'The Fifth Estate' - Budget: $28 million, Global box office: $6 million, Return: 21%
2. 'Bullet to the Head' - Budget: $25 million, Global box office: $9 million, Return: 36%
3. 'Paranoia' - Budget: $35 million, Global box office: $13.5 million, Return: 39%
4.' Parker' - Budget: $35 million, Global box office: $17 million, Return: 49%
5. 'Broken City' - Budget: $35 million, Global box office:$19 million, Return: 54%
6. 'Battle of the Year' - Budget: $20 million, Global box office: $11 million, Return: 55%
7. 'Getaway' - Budget: $18 million, Global box office: $10.5 million, Return: 58%
8. 'Peeples' - Budget: $15 million, Global box office: $9 million, Return: 60%
9. 'R.I.P.D.' - Budget: $130 million, Global box office: $78 million, Return: 60%
10. 'The Big Wedding' - Budget: $35 million, Global box office: $22 million, Return: 63%
Here are all the performances from the comeback series of 'Twin Peaks'.
He's embarking on his first ever solo arena tour.
The singer has donated half a million to relief efforts.
Pratchett died aged 66 in March 2015.
With his friends and his hammer, Thor is virtually unbeatable by any creature in the...
As Guardians of the Galaxy did two years ago, this action romp comes at the...
Before Doctor Strange was ever brought into existence, the man behind the hero was a...
Stephen Strange is one of the most talented neurosurgeons in the world, he's still relatively...
With virtually the same blend of wit and idiocy as the 2001 original, this fashion-scene...
Though Derek and Hansel have left the world of fashion modelling behind them, a part...
For a biopic of a real-life person, this feels like an oddly standard mob thriller....
Derek, Hansel and some other familiar faces are back in Zoolander 2! After offering their...
Irish-American criminal mastermind Whitey Bulger was arguably one of the most dangerous men in America...