Barbara Walters regrets turning down a date with Clint Eastwood.
The newly retired 'The View' co-host claims she rejected the 'Million Dollar Baby' director when he invited her out to dinner in 1980s, even though she had a crush on him at the time and believes she ''could have been Mrs. Clint Eastwood.''
The 84-year-old broadcaster told Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show': ''This is a sad love story. I did this interview with Clint Eastwood something like 30 years ago. He was very flirtatious, and I was very taken [with him].
''He asked me if I wanted to have dinner, and I said, 'No, I have to work.' You know, I don't mix business with pleasure.''
She added: ''I could have been Mrs. Clint Eastwood!''
Barbara - who later got married and divorced four times - most recently ran into Clint, 84, at the premiere of his new movie, 'Jersey Boys,' on Monday night (09.06.14) in New York City, and was hoping he would ask her out again.
She said: ''I thought maybe it's not too late. I'm not kidding. I really did. I put on the right outfit. The false eyelashes... the whole thing.''
But she added: ''What's that expression? He was just not [that] into me.''
The Oscar-winning director - who split from his second wife Dina Eastwood last year - recently moved in with his new girlfriend, Christina Sandera.
A source said: ''She lives with him in his house he used to share with Dina. Clint's kids have all met Christina and like [her].''