The reason behind the fire at Ashley Greene's has been identified, but there is still a lot of work to be done before anyone can move back in.
The reason behind the blaze, which devastated Ashley Greene’s apartment on Friday, has now been found.
According to a TMZ report, the preliminary investigation has determined that the fire started from an unattended candle in Greene’s condo, with Ashley herself, her boyfriend and her brother asleep in the apartment at the time. The firefighters managed to take care of the blaze, but not before it caused considerable damage. Additionally, according to Celebuzz.com, when the Greene household had evacuated the building, they remembered that Ashley’s dogs had been left inside, but by that time it was too late. One of the dogs was saved, but the other perished in the fire.
“She is absolutely distraught,” a neighbor explained. ”She is a really sweet person and a total animal lover, so this is very sad.” The friendly neighbor also added: “Ashley is well liked here and her apartment has been totally destroyed but the fire did not spread throughout the building,” the fellow resident added. “Fortunately, nobody was injured.”
The fire has been put out, but there's still a lot of work to be done until Ashley Greene can move back in.
However, there is still a lot of work to be done before the residents of the building can return to their homes. “The fire department is still inside the building and trying to get water out. No one has been allowed back in,” neighbor Michael Lobell — who owns the condo below Greene, where his daughter currently resides — told Celebuzz. “They don’t know what the extent of the damage is [but] nobody was hurt as far as I know.” So, the situation isn’t perfect, but is getting better. Hopefully everything can be resolved quickly and Greene and her neighbors can return to their usual routine soon enough.