Page 2 - 'The Lego Movie' Maintains No.1 Spot At The Valentine's Day Box Office With A $48.8 million Weekend
Coming in second place was the debuting romantic comedy 'About Last Night,' starring Kevin Hart and Michael Ealy, with $27 million
Another debut, the reboot and reimagined version of the 1987 action-film 'RoboCop', starring Joel Kinnaman in the title role and Gary Oldman as a supporting cast member, landed in 3rd position after raking in $21.5 million.
Joel Kinnaman stars as the half-man half-machine 'RoboCop'
Finishing in 4th was last week's No.2 George Clooney's 'The Monuments Men.' The drama-comedy, which boasts an all-star cast of Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Kate Blanchett, Jean Dujardin, Hugh Bonnerville and Bob Balan, garnered $15 million this weekend.
And rounding off the top five is Universal's 'Endless Love', a remake of Franco Zeffirelli's 1981 film of same name and an adaptation of Scott Spencer's Novel, stars Alex Pettyfer and Gabriella Wilde. The Shana Feste-directed flick earned $13.38 million.
See this weekend's top ten highest-grossing films, assembled by Box Office Mojo, below:
1. 'The Lego Movie' - $48.8 million
2. 'About Last Night' - $27 million
3. 'RoboCop' - $21.5 million
4. 'The Monuments Men' - $15 million
5. 'Endless Love' - $13.4 million
6. 'Ride Along' - $8.8 million
7. 'Winter's Tale' - $7.8 million
8. 'Frozen (2013)' - $5.9 million
9. 'Lone Survivor' - $4.1 million
10. 'That Awkward Moment' - $3.3 million
'The Lego Movie is No.1 for the second straight week