Sandra Bullock Acquires Emergency Protective Order After Suspect Is Identified

Sandra Bullock was inside her Los Angeles home when a man attempted to break-in, during the early hours of Sunday morning (June 8th).

The Los Angeles Police Department arrested the trespasser, who was described as a "hot prowler suspect," at approximately 6.30 a.m., according to an LAPD spokeswoman.

"An intruder was arrested on [her] property this morning," Bullock's rep told People Magazine. "She is unharmed and is fine."

The mystery man has now been identified as 39 year-old Joshua James Corbett, he was charged with felony residential burglary and his bail is set at $50,000.

On Monday (June 9th), Bullock was given a temporary emergency protective order against Corbett, which will be issued for the nest five days, according to an LAPD officer who told The Los Angeles Times.

If the 49 year-old actress still wants Corbett to maintain a safe distance from her once the order expires, she will have to put in a request for a permanent restraining order with the Los Angeles County Superior Court.

Although this case is still under investigation, the newspaper also claims this is Corbett's first attempt at breaking into Bullock's property.

Another officer reportedly stated: "By all accounts, this seems to be the first time he has broken into anybody's home for that matter."

It has still not been confirmed if the 39 year-old was trying to stalk the Academy-Award winning actress or to try and steal her belongings.

MORE: Sandra Bullock Is 'Fine' After Break-in Attempt

The burglary attempt came only hours after Bullock returned from reuniting with her former leading men, Matthew Mcconaughey, Keanu Reeves and Hugh Grant on Saturday (June 7th), who presented her with the Decade of Hotness Award.

The 'Gravity' actress gladly accepted the award by telling several jokes to the attendees.

MORE: Sandra Bullock Intruder Had 'Obsession'

"I feel like I'm at my funeral," she jokingly quipped. "Decade of Hotness... My question was what decade? I have several under my belt. It should really be Decade of Hot Mess. That I can own and I do that well and I'm still convinced I'm up here because someone dropped out and they needed someone quickly and we know I'm home on Saturdays."

Sandra Bullock
Bullock was in her home at the time of the break-in attempt


Contactmusic

Tags: Sandra Bullock

Advertisement

More Sandra Bullock

Keanu Reeves, After Discovering Stranger In His Library, Remains Almost Superhumanly Calm

We've seen Keanu Reeves defy gravity and jump between realities as Neo in The Matrix, but we weren't prepared for how incredibly calm he reportedly...

Talented Actors With Surprisingly Good Rap Skills

Earlier this month, Guardians of the Galaxy actor Chris Pratt surprised fans around the world with a memorable radio appearance in which he showcased his...

How Sandra Bullock Became The Highest Paid Actress In Hollywood

The results of Forbes annual celebrity rich list are in and it is with a certain amount of surprise thatSandra Bullockwas the highest paid film...

Sandra Bullock No.1 On Forbes' List Of Highest Paid Actresses With $51 Million

Sandra Bullock's past year has been a success to say the least, and after starring in two blockbuster hits, the Academy Award-winning actress has topped...

Advertisement

New Court Documents Detail Sandra Bullock's Terrifying Encounter With Stalker

A series of search warrants obtained by a US entertainment website detail the terrifying encounter actress Sandra Bullock endured when a stalker broke into her...

Sandra Bullock's Alleged Stalker Had A Whole Scrapbook Dedicated To Her - Details Of The Encounter

When Sandra Bullock’s home was invaded last month, the star had a narrow brush, but stayed safe by locking herself in the bedroom. It turns...

Sandra Bullock Reportedly Met Her Intruder Face-To-Face Inside Her Home

Sandra Bullock must have been terrified!The Hollywood actress reportedly met face-to-face with the intruder, Joshua Corbett, who broke into her Los Angeles home last month.TMZ...

Sandra Bullock Intruder Had Stockpile of Weapons - But Does He Need Help?

Joshua Corbett, the man accused of breaking into Sandra Bullock’s Los Angeles home has pleaded not guilty to charges he possessed a stockpile of weapons...

Advertisement

Comments

Sandra Bullock Newsletter

Subscribe to this news alert service to receive news and reviews on Sandra Bullock

Unsubscribe | Unsubscribe All