'Dancing With The Stars' Season 17 Premiere: Amber Riley & Corbin Bleu Take The Lead
Season 17 of 'Dancing with the Stars' premièred last night and featured impressive performances from such celebrities as Corbin Bleu, Amber Riley and Jack Osborne. Sadly, Keyshawn Johnson and Bill Nye were less successful.
Dancing with the Stars premiered last night (Monday 16 September) and featured such celebrities as Corbin Bleu, Amber Riley, Elizabeth Berkley, Leah Remini and Jack Osborne. Judged by former professionals and celebrities, the show features inexperienced famous faces paired with professional partners. The judges for season 17 of the dancing competition are Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.
Amber Riley dazzled the judges with partner Derek Hough.
If you missed the season 17 premiere of Dancing with the Stars, here are a few highlights:
1) Valerie Harper, who has been battling terminal brain cancer, received a standing ovation for her foxtrot.
2) Glee star, Amber Riley, was described by judge Tonioli as the "tigress of season 17". Could Riley be a surprise contender for the win?
3) Jack Osbourne's fox trot caused his mother, Sharon Osbourne, to tear up whilst watching in the audience.
4) Jennifer Lopez showed up to support her friend Leah Remini, who performed a foxtrot with partner Tony Dovolani.
5) High School Musical star Corbin Bleu, unsurprisingly, gained an impression 24 points whilst performing a contemporary dance with partner Karina Smirnoff.
6) Elizabeth Berkley has certainly improved since her Showgirls performance, in which she played a stripper, and won 24 points for her contemporary dance.
7) Jersey Shore star Snooki received 23 points after she performed a cha-cha with her partner Sasha Farber.
8) Emma Slater, the show's new professional dancer, led Bill Engvall in a foxtrot. Despite receiving praise from the judges, the couple gained a respectable 18 points.
9) The judges strongly disagreed over Christina Milian's contemporary dance with Mark Balls, this pair could possibly be the beginning of future disagreements between Carrie Ann Inaba and Tonioli.
10) The low points of the show included Bill Nye, who failed to impress judges for his cha-cha, which was science themed - enough said really! Another competitor who failed to impress was Keyshawn Johnson, who was described as "stiff" at the start of his performance.
Corbin Bleu performed a contemporary dance with partner Karina Smirnoff.
Valerie Harper recieved a standing ovation.