Coroner's Report Confirms That Cory Monteith Died Following Heroin & Alcohol Cocktail
The events that took place in Cory Monteith's hotel room before his tragic passing have been laid bare for all, as the coroner's report into his cause of death has been completed
Cory Monteith was apparently injecting himself with heroin whilst downing glasses of champagne before he died, with the combination of the two ultimately working against him and leading to his untimely death. The Glee star passed away on 13 July at a hotel in Vancouver, Canada when his body was found alone in his room after missing check-out. He is predicted to have died earlier that morning.
A coroners report into the death has since been gathered and was obtained by TMZ on Wednesday (2 Oct.), who made the details of the report public. In the report, it states that Cory was found by paramedics, who noticed a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle" near his dead body. The report then goes on to state that 2 empty champagne bottles were also found scattered around the room and used glasses.
The official cause of death, listed by the coroner, has been confirmed as "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."
In the report, it is also noted that the then-31-year-old had a "history of of illicit drug use" and was prone to relapsing, having weened himself off and then back on to drug-use in the past. The coroner's report also suggests that Cory may have died because his tolerance to heroin had diminished since his last stay in rehab, which took place in April this year.
Last month, Monteith and others were remembered in a special Emmy's 'In Memorium' segment at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards. A tribute episode of Glee will air next week, on 10 October.
Cory died following a party for one that ended tragically
He will be remembered on Glee next week