Coroner's Report Confirms Corey Monteith Died Of Heroine Injection And Consumption Of Alcohol
The final report of Cory Monteith's coroner's report confirmed his death was accidental.
The long awaited coroner's report of the late 'Glee' star, Corey Monteith, has been released and shows he was shooting heroine and downing champagne on the night of his death.
The actor's body was discovered in a Vancouver hotel room by staff after he failed to check out on July 13th 2013.
TMZ first reported the release final coroner's report, which stated he had died from "intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol".
Since it was made public this Wednesday (Oct 2nd) further details have been released.
It states that Monteith was found dead in the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel just after noon on July 13th.
"He had checked in to the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him unresponsive on the floor," the report read.
Cory returned to his room alone at 2:16am on July 13th and this is the last time he was seen alive.
The investigators first to arrive at the hotel room found evidence of drug use in his room including "a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses".
The report also stated he had "6-monoacetylmorphine" in his system which is a metabolite of heroin and it also mentioned Monteith "had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs."
The coroner also noted that it was possible Cory's body was less able to cope with the tolerance of the deadly drug as he stopped using since his last rehab stint back in April.
Cory died at the age of 31, and the full coroner's report can be found here.
Cory was in a relationship with 'Glee' co-star Lea Michele at the time of his death