Amy Winehouse is no longer using drugs, according to her mother.

The Rehab star was hospitalised earlier this week after suffering a reaction to medication while at her north London home with her father Mitch reportedly claiming that his daughter's drink had been spiked with ecstasy.

But according to the 24-year-old's mother Janis, the hospital visit was simply a matter of human error.

"The truth is that Amy ended up in hospital this week because she mixed up the medication she's taking to help her come off drugs," she told the Daily Mirror newspaper.

"She took a wrong tablet."

And according to the Grammy winner's mother, her recent diagnosis with lung disease has encouraged her to steer clear of recreational drugs.

"I really don't think she's using now," she claimed. "Being diagnosed with the early stage of emphysema was a real jolt to her. A bit of a wake-up call."

She added: "Mind you, I think she does have the odd sneaky cigarette. Give her a break, she's not a miracle worker."

Winehouse was discharged on Tuesday morning after receiving treatment in central London.

She spent the night at the University College hospital after an ambulance was called to her north London home on Monday night.

Her spokesman Chris Goodman said the star suffered a reaction to medication while at home but was now in good spirits after spending a "comfortable night" in hospital.

"She had a bit of a scareĀ… because of a reaction to treatment," Mr Goodman added.

"She was kept in overnight purely for observation."

Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil was sentenced to 27 months in jail earlier this month after being found guilty of grievous bodily harm and perverting the course of justice.


30/07/2008 14:05:59