With 'The Expendables 4' in development, it's hard to imagine having the first film go straight to home release, but that was the initial plan.
'The Expendables' may now be one of the biggest action movie franchises of the modern day, but there was a time when the very first film may not have been given a fair shake at success. Starring the likes of Terry Crews and Sylvester Stallone - the latter of whom also directed - other A-list names joined the cast such as Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dolph Lundgren, and more.
If Stallone hadn't worked so hard to bring other big names on board, there was a chance 'The Expendables' would have gone straight to video. This is something Crews has opened up about in a career retrospective.
Continue reading: Terry Crews Reveals 'The Expendables' Almost Went Straight To Video
In a now-deleted Instagram post, the rapper mocked Crews after the actor had testified in Washington over the Sexual Assault Survivors' Bill of Rights.
Rapper 50 Cent decided to mock actor Terry Crews in a now-deleted Instagram post after the ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ star testified in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding the Sexual Assault Survivors’ Bill of Rights earlier this week.
Crews spoke in Washington D.C. on Tuesday (June 26th) about his alleged sexual assault at the hands of Hollywood executive Adam Venit, who was the head of the motion picture department at the talent agency William Morris Endeavor.
“As I shared my story, I was told over and over that this was not abuse,” Crews had said. “This was just a joke. This was just horseplay. But I can say one man's horseplay is another man's humiliation. And I chose to tell my story and share my experience to stand in solidarity with millions of other survivors around the world. That I know how hard it is to come forward, I know the shame associated with the assault. It happened to me.”
Continue reading: 50 Cent Mocks Terry Crews Over Sexual Assault
Terry Crews at the Los Angeles premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures' 'Rampage' held at Microsoft Theater. Directed by Brad Peyton, the film stars Dwayne Johnson, Naomie Harris, Malin Åkerman and Joe Manganiello - Los Angeles, California, United States - Wednesday 4th April 2018
District and City Attorneys in L.A. rejected the criminal case against Adam Venit because the statute of limitations has expired - but Crews' civil lawsuit is still active.
Terry Crews’ sexual assault case against the Hollywood agent who allegedly groped him has been rejected as a criminal complaint as the statute of limitations has expired.
Prosecutors have decided not to file criminal charges against WME partner Adam Venit, who was accused by Crews of groping him at a party in Los Angeles in February 2016.
According to court documents obtained by Variety, the district attorney argued that the alleged conduct by Venit did not meet the threshold for a felony offence. “Given that the suspect did not make contact with the victim's skin when he grabbed the victim's genitals and there is no restraint involved, a felony filing is declined,” the charge evaluation sheet read.
Continue reading: Prosecutors Reject Terry Crews' Criminal Case Against Alleged Groper
Terry Crews has publicly named Adam Venit as the Hollywood exec who he alleges groped him at a party in 2016.
Actor Terry Crews has publicly named the TV executive who allegedly groped him, saying that he had “never felt more emasculated” after the incident.
Appearing in a new television interview, the ‘Brooklyn Nine Nine’ star followed up on his public promise to name his alleged assaulter also took the opportunity to explore societal expectations and gender roles that he feels might deter men from speaking up when they are victims of sexual misconduct or assault.
“Back in February 2016, I was assaulted by Adam Venit, who is head of the motion picture department at William Morris Endeavor, one of the biggest agencies in the world, period,” the 49 year old actor stated live on Wednesday’s edition of ABC’s ‘Good Morning America’ (November 15th).
Terry Crews Confirms He Has Filed Police Report Following Groping Allegations Against Hollywood Exec
Last month, Crews made allegations that a "high level Hollywood executive" groped him at a party in 2016.
Terry Crews has confirmed that he has filed a formal report with police, almost a month after he made allegations of sexual assault against a “high-level” executive in Hollywood.
The 49 year old ‘Brooklyn Nine Nine’ star told TMZ on Wednesday (November 8th) that he had filed the report with the Los Angeles Police Department, and explained that “people have to be held accountable”. He also declared that he would be filing a lawsuit against the perpetrator of the alleged offence, saying “we’re going to go all the way”.
A spokesperson for the LAPD later confirmed with People that Crews had met with them at their station in Hollywood.
Adam Sandler with Terry Crews, Rob Schneider, Jennifer Hudson and Jackie Sandler at the premiere of Netflix's 'Sandy Wexler' held at ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome - Hollywood, California, United States - Thursday 6th April 2017
Terry Crews at the Rams game. The Atlanta Falcons defeated the Los Angeles Rams by the final score of 42-14 - Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, California, United States - Monday 12th December 2016
Terry Crews and Isaiah Crews attending the premiere of Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm's 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood, California, United States - Saturday 10th December 2016
"Come with me, if you want to live." - could there be any better line for a navigator app?
What if your navigation app had the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger? From early online reports it seems that Waze, an app owned by Google, might soon make this dream a reality. On Sunday, the company tweeted that it would announce a new celebrity voice for the app on Monday.
MacBook in hand, Arnold is clearly a techie.
The online sleuths at PhoneArena pegged the hand in the photo tweeted by Waze as belonging to Schwarzenegger. The main clue was that the hand was wearing the governor of California's ring.
By Rich Cline
Essentially this year's Moneyball, but set in American football rather than baseball, this fast-paced drama is brightly made with an especially strong cast. But only die-hard fans will be able to drum up much interest in the plot, which is played as if it's the most important thing on earth. This insular approach is seriously alienating for audience members with even the slightest sense of perspective about life. Thankfully, the actors are likeable and entertaining.
It's set over the 12 hours leading up to the NFL draft, when teams select the top players from university teams. In Cleveland, manager Sonny (Kevin Costner) is struggling to hang on to his job, arguing with Coach Penn (Denis Leary) about who should be the first pick. And when he swaps with another team for the top selection, the team owner (Frank Langella) pressures Sonny to take the most highly desired player in the field (Josh Pence). But Sonny has his doubts, and amid backroom dealings and frantic last-minute swaps, he also looks at another promising player (Chadwick Boseman) while making sure the team's current quarterback (Tom Welling) is up to his job. Meanwhile, Sonny and the team's financial manager Ali (Jennifer Garner) are in a secret relationship and have just found out that they're pregnant.
Most of this takes place during phone calls, but director Ivan Reitman manages to make this visually intriguing using whizzy split-screen trickery. And while Garner's character feels utterly irrelevant, like a distraction to the main football plot , she adds the badly needed human interest element, as do two other actresses in smaller roles: Ellen Burstyn and Rosanna Arquette as Sonny's mother and ex-wife, respectively. There are also strong cameos from the likes of Sean Combs as a high-powered agent and Sam Elliot as a sporting veteran. And it's all anchored effortlessly by Costner's affable charm, providing resonance in Sonny's attempt to play a long game while being pushed to make the flashier decisions.
Continue reading: Draft Day Review
When reclusive former football coach, Teddy Raymond (Tom Berenger) releases a self-help book entitled 'Reach Me' it is picked up by millions of people. Collette (Kyra Sedgwick) is a former inmate who reads the book and uses it to try to start her life anew. Hip hop star E-Ruption (Cornell 'Nelly' Haynes) finds that the book has completely reinvigorated his personal image. Wolfie (Thomas Jane), a gun-slinging policeman uses it to justify his actions in the face of right and wrong. Dominic (David O'Hare) is a career thief who annoys his partner by preaching the book, until deciding that he no longer wants to take part in this life of crime. And then there's Roger (Kevin Connolly) , a journalist who has been tasked with finding the mysterious Teddy Raymond by his editor Gerald (Sylvester Stallone). In the end, it turns out the actions of one man have the power to unite many.
Continue: Reach Me Trailer
By Rich Cline
Striking a tone somewhere between the po-faced original and the silly Part 2, this rampaging action nonsense is badly overcrowded and chaotic, but there's plenty of comedy and whizzy stuntwork to keep the audience entertained. It of course helps a lot that the film is packed to the rafters with iconic actors and lively newcomers. And their sassy dialogue helps make up for the idiotic plot.
It opens with a prison break, as Barney (Sylvester Stallone) and his team (Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Terry Crews) rescue their old cohort Doc (Wesley Snipes) then head off on a mysterious mission that turns out to involve their presumed-dead nemesis Stonebanks (Mel Gibson), who is targeting Barney's team. So Barney and his pal Bonaparte (Kelsey Grammer) set about finding four new commandoes (Kellan Lutz, Ronda Rousey, Glen Powell and Victor Ortiz) to take on Stonebanks, but of course nothing goes as plan. For the final face-off they're joined by the old team, CIA boss Drummer (Harrison Ford), former colleagues Trench and Yin (Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jet Li), and chatty newcomer Galgo (Antonio Banderas).
The ever-increasing cast means that some characters can't help but be pushed into the shadows (Crews and Li are barely in this film), while others hover around the edges of scenes injecting moments of sarcastic wit. Each of the characters gets his or her moment of eye-popping action, as the film lurches from set-piece to set-piece in a whirl of bombs, bullets and blades. All of this is fun because the actors are gleefully refusing to take any of this seriously. The scene-stealers this time are Gibson, terrific as the swaggering villain, and Banderas, who's hilarious as the only person who can string a sentence together.
Continue reading: The Expendables 3 Review
The cast of 'The Expendables 3' discuss the upcoming action film in a short featurette. Among them are Wesley Snipes, Harrison Ford, Glen Powell, Sylvester Stallone, Randy Couture, Jason Statham and Mel Gibson. The movie is out August 25th 2014.
Continue: The Expendables 3 - Featurette