Having received a record low listenership last year, Grimshaw's Radio 1 breakfast show rallied and gained 800,000 listeners in the latest RAJAR ratings.
Radio presenter Nick Grimshaw has received a welcome boost after the latest radio listenership figures were revealed, with his Radio 1 breakfast show attracting an extra 800,000 listeners over the last three months of last year.
Grimshaw regained a significant amount of listeners to his show after recording the lowest ever figures for the time slot last summer. His share of the airwaves jumped to 5.72 million listeners for the last three months of 2017, having slumped to 4.93 million previously.
Former Radio 1 breakfast show host Chris Moyles, who joined Radio X nearly three years ago to front their breakfast show, is another winner according to the current figures, receiving an extra 200,000 listeners on the same time last year to put him just under the million mark.
Grimshaw has hosted Radio 1's prestigious breakfast show since 2012, but the last three months saw its lowest-ever listenership.
Radio 1 presenter Nick Grimshaw has suffered the ignominy of attracting the lowest listener ratings for the station’s breakfast show since recent records began.
The show has been fronted by Grimshaw for the last five years, and in the three months up to the end of September 2017 pulled in an average of 5.3 million listeners per morning over the age of 10. However, the programme attracted 7 million listeners when the 33 year old took over the hot seat in September 2012.
The figure is officially the lowest that the show has attracted since official body RAJAR began collecting such data in 1992, and it’s also thought to be the station’s lowest audience figure since the breakfast programme debuted five decades ago in 1967.
Continue reading: Nick Grimshaw's Radio 1 Breakfast Show Falls To Lowest Ever Ratings
Nick Grimshaw at LFW a/w 2017: Love Me 17 X Burberry party held at Annabel's, Berkeley Square - London, United Kingdom - Monday 20th
After last Sunday’s shock double elimination, is getting rid of two acts every week the way forward for ‘The X-Factor’?
As the current series of ‘The X-Factor’ continues to suffer from a drop in ratings, Simon Cowell is said to be considering eliminating two acts every week to keep viewers interested. The move comes after girl band Alien Uncovered and Leeds-born singer Bupsi became the first two contestants to be eliminated from the competition last Sunday, as part of a shock double elimination.
According to The Sun, the double elimination cause a a slight spike in viewing figures and now Cowell and ITV bosses are said to be considering using the format every week, in a bid to attract a larger audience.
Chris Martin confirmed that their seventh album will be released on December 4th, and debuted the band's the new single.
Coldplay have revealed the release date of their seventh, and possibly final, studio album, and it’ll be out before the end of 2015.
The band’s lead singer Chris Martin appeared on Nick Grimshaw’s BBC Radio 1 breakfast show on Friday (November 6th) to announce that A Head Full of Dreams will be out on December 4th. Grimshaw also premiered the album’s first single, a summery track entitled ‘Adventure of a Lifetime’.
Continue reading: Coldplay Announce Release Date Of 'A Head Full Of Dreams'
The X Factor judge says it "doesn't matter" which the best act belongs to
The countdown to Christmas can officially begin because The X Factor live shows have again graced our Saturday night screens. As we count the Saturdays to Santa’s big day, Cheryl, Simon and co. are counting down their days to the big win.
However, Mrs Fernandez-Versini has recently revealed that she only wants to have the winning act if they deserve to be at the top spot.
Continue reading: Cheryl Fernandez-Versini Only Wants To Win With The Right Act
Mason was originally eliminated from the competition, but got a second chance after one of the Boys pulled out.
Outspoken ‘X-Factor’ contestant Mason Noise has made it through to the final 12 of the ITV competition, despite previously clashing with Simon Cowell and insulting Cheryl Fernandez-Versini on twitter. The 22 year old will now compete in the live shows, starting next weekend, as one of Nick Grimshaw’s three Boys.
Mason was originally eliminated from the competition during the six-chair challenge, when he walked off stage after complaining about his lack of air time. Cowell told the singer “You should feel lucky to be on this show. Why don't you shut up?" and later branded him an “arsehole".
She revealed all the details as 'Hello' was given its first airplay on Radio 1 on Friday morning.
Some more important details of the most eagerly awaited album of the year have arrived today. Adele has confirmed the release date of her third LP 25 as November 20th, while also dropping the album’s first single ‘Hello’ today and revealing the record’s artwork!
The singer, now 27, appeared on BBC Radio 1’s Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw to debut the new single in full, and confessed to feeling more than a little apprehensive about it being played for the fist time. “I feel so sick. I'm so nervous… I obviously want people to like it,” she said. “I knew this would be the first thing everyone heard from me.”
Continue reading: Adele Reveals '25' Release Date, Confirms New Single 'Hello' Is Out Now
At the judges’ houses the remaining groups were rebranded over ‘copyright issues’.
The six acts in Cheryl Fernandez-Versini’s ‘Groups’ category on the ‘X—Factor’ have all undergone name changes during the judges’ houses round. The name changes are said to be due to ‘copyright’ issues, but it’s common practice in the groups’ category to give acts a rebranding before the live shows.
While a spokesperson for the show confirmed to the Express that the acts had undergone name changes, they did not comment further. The changes are said to have taken place to avoid any potential ‘copyright issues’.
Continue reading: Meet Cheryl's New Groups As All Six 'X-Factor' Acts Undergo Name Changes
The judge had made no secret of the fact he didn’t want the Overs category, but picking his final six proved harder than even he had imagined.
Simon Cowell didn't want to mentor the Overs again on the ‘X-Factor’ this year, so Sunday night’s edition of the Six Chair Challenge was particularly tough for the talent show judge. Faced with picking which six contestants he would take to the judges’ houses, Cowell was indecisive and at times ruthless, as he whittled down the remaining contestants.
Holly Johnson, a 27 year old estate agent was the first to get the axe, following her rendition of Pharrell’s ‘Happy’. "This is very easy - it's no,” Cowell said, leaving new judge Nick Grimshaw shocked.
Bleasby had been one of Nick Grimshaw's mentees, but he decided to quit the show after he was cut from the six chair challenge.
‘The X Factor’ has been hit with more controversy after one of its contestants, Tom Bleasby, sensationally quit the talent show on Sunday night as scenes were broadcast of him being axed, only to be restored as the crowd reacted negatively to his departure.
The 19 year old from Leeds, who was being mentored by new judge Nick Grimshaw, was shown being replaced during the ‘six chair challenge’ on Sunday night’s show (October 11th). Though he ended up making the cut, Bleasby tweeted “You are literally watching on TV the worst experience of my life” as it was being broadcast.
Sources say that Bleasby told producers on Friday that he didn’t feel confident that he could cope with the pressure of the competition, with one telling the Mirror: “he didn't think he could progress vocally and in terms of his confidence.”