Amanda Holden is "devastated" at having lost her baby boy seven months into pregnancy.
The 'Britain's Got Talent' judge was rushed into the West Middlesex Hospital on Tuesday (01.02.11) when she noticed the baby was not moving, and despite the doctors best efforts, he was stillborn.
Speaking on behalf of 39-year-old Amanda and her husband Chris Hughes, spokesperson Alison Griffin said: "They are utterly devastated. Amanda had been closely monitored throughout her pregnancy and it is not yet known what went wrong.
"Both Chris and Amanda would like to thank the midwives and staff at The Queen Mary Maternity unit at West Middlesex Hospital Isleworth for their tremendous support."
Amanda decided not to release information about the pregnancy until last month, revealing she had suffered a miscarriage in May 2010 which made her cautious.
Celebrity friends have given their condolences to Amanda.
Spice Girl Emma Bunton said on twitter: "Absolutely devastated for Amanda Holden and chris. Thinking of them and sending our prayers at this very sad time(sic)"
Fellow TV presenter Davina Mccall added: "Just heard the news about Amanda Holden. So sorry. Thinking of you and Chris."
Amanda, who has five-year-old daughter Lexi with Chris, revealed last month her miscarriage in 2010 turned her into an "absolute mess".
She said: "I have such a Charmed and lovely life and I just never imagined I would miscarry a baby. Never. You never think it might happen to you.
"Something went wrong. I certainly wasn't expecting anything to but sometimes Mother Nature lets you down.
"I was an absolute mess. Poor Chris was too but he was amazing."