Alex Trebek is in a stable condition after suffering a mild heart attack over the weekend. The long-time host of game show 'Jeopardy!' was admitted to the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Saturday (June 23, 2012) after having his second heart attack in five years.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Trebek is fully expected to recover and will be back on the set of Jeopardy! when production begins in July for the new season. A statement released by Sony Pictures Television said, "Trebek is in good spirits and is currently under observation and undergoing further testing". The legendary television host previously suffered a heart attack in December 2007, though returned to the game show within a matter of weeks. In July 2011, he was injured while pursuing a burglar who had broken into his hotel room in San Francisco. After snapping his Achilles tendon, he wore a cast for six weeks.
The 71-year-old has hosted Jeopardy! since 1984, and recently had his contract extended until 2014. During an interview at the Peabody Awards in May, Trabek said that his dream job would actually to host game-show Hollywood Squares. Earlier this year, Mtv2 announced a spin-off series of the program titled 'Hip Hop Squares', though Trabek presumably passed on hosting that version.