That's some trick, indeed! We're on at midnight. https://t.co/KecTwzwj2u
Just a few of the acts that shouldn't be missed at SW4 2016
As the last bank holiday weekend of the summer approaches, most passionate electronic aficionados get ready for the influx of world-class disc jockeys that land in London for the two-day festival that is SW4. And for those who lack the erudition of the festival, it is further reason for you to keep on reading.
Fundamentally bringing some of the biggest acts from Ibiza to Clapham Common for two days may seem like a surreal notion, however, with every year, the festival in SW4 (the post code of the festival) gets more augmented, and this year is no different.
Continue reading: SW4 2016 - Preview
If you didn't think Faithless could get any more big room with their music, then think again. They just did. Regarded as producing some of the biggest nights in electronica before the recent revolution and dominance of EDM, Faithless are back to celebrate 20 years since their nascent, now allowing the names in the industry to remix their classics into the songs that will satisfy the biggest electronic festivals around the planet.
Calling in A list names such as Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Avicii, Above And Beyond, Eric Prydz and Axwell among others, the album has been given a contemporary make over, using the highest quality DJ's from house, trance and dnb to return Faithless to the masses.
The album at first seems to be about the numbers. The group are celebrating 20 years, the album is entitled 2.0. It's 2 CDs long - one remix album, one greatest hits. And all the remixed tracks are considered second generation, entitled 'insomnia 2.0' for example.
Continue reading: Faithless - 2.0 Album Review
Bringing Ibiza to a field just outside Liverpool, Creamfields was back again, with a plethora of headline disc jockeys, showcasing Creamfields as the powerhouse of UK-electronic festivals. With as many headline acts and big room DJs as Ibiza, the only thing the Daresbury site cannot guarantee is the Mediterranean weather, though after years of being unfortunate to receive bad weather on a biblical scale, it was about time the festival punters fell serendipitously to some great weather.
Everything about the festival now seems augmented, revamped, rejuvenated and seemingly reinvigorated. Both outside stages, the tents, and the brand new 15,000 capacity mega arena seemed to have massively upped the ante, with grade A lighting and theatre to match the quality of the artists orchestrating their crowd below. Whilst stage hopping is very accessible, the frustrating part of Creamfields is down to the embarrassment of riches they portray in the artists they book, which any regular Glastonbury reveller will tell you is the most vexing part of the festival - missing artists you want to see.
Despite being a three-day festival, Saturday is the main attraction, as tents stay open long into the morning, providing that Ibiza like mentality. From 5pm-4am, the choices were overwhelming and this was the crowds' predicament. Annie Mac or Dannie Howard? Above And Beyond or Armin van Buuren? Chemical Brothers, Avicii or Jooris Voorn? Maya Jane Coles, Laidback Luke or Hot since 82? Alesso, Seth Troxler, Pete Tong or Steve Angello? Knife Party or Gorgon City? The set clashes were inevitable, though the positive outcome to this is that the stages never seem chaotically rammed to the extent of ruining the music and atmosphere, like with the Swedish House Mafia in 2011.
Continue reading: Creamfields Festival 2015 Live Review
Get ready to enter the New Year in style at Colorado's third annual Decadence festival with Bassnectar, Tiesto and many more.
2013 will meet an exciting conclusion at the third annual Decadence festival in Colorado this December, toasting the New Year to the tune of some of the world's finest electronic music.
Dubbing itself 'Colorado's Biggest New Year's Celebration', Decadence will entertain the Colorado Convention Center in downtown Denver between December 30th and 31st 2013 bringing an impressive line-up to two fabulous stages. So far, the acts that have been announced are Californian DJ Bassnectar, Dutch musician Tiesto, English trance group Above And Beyond, Swedish duo Dada Life and Colorado's own Pretty Lights who released his fourth album 'A Color Map of the Sun' earlier this year.
That's some trick, indeed! We're on at midnight. https://t.co/KecTwzwj2u
7. Impressive mix and ending with a biggie, @alyandfila with. Haliene ‘Paralyzed’ [@vintagemorelli Remix] (… https://t.co/BSBkvE44pm
6. Debuting an inventive and quirky remix from Marko here, @iBluestone feat. Giuseppe De Luca ‘I Believe’ [… https://t.co/ScLqLje45w
5. Mmmm, lovely stuff here from the Silk Music camp once again, @vintagemorelli ‘Daydream’ [@andromedhamusic Remix]… https://t.co/GFJg3ct03J
4. We're half way through Marko's Guest Mix, and it has been thoroughly enjoyable so far. This is one of his own,… https://t.co/f3P1rQW3XE
3. @vintagemorelli with another excellent selection, @terrydalibra ‘Melodia’ (@SilkMusic) https://t.co/q9XbHqpJpi https://t.co/Psn8G47HnJ
2. Plenty of Silk Music material for you in this mix, including this one. Approaching Black ‘Higher’ (@SilkMusic)… https://t.co/LZHXspfVHc
1. Fresh from the @vintagemorelli kitchen, we kick off Marko's Guest Mix with ‘ID’ (White) https://t.co/q9XbHqpJpi https://t.co/IVHbYQbBta
19. This one might take you back to Anjunabeats Volume 10. Our Flashback is Above & Beyond ‘Home’ [@GenixDJ Remix]… https://t.co/OthEDccCPW
18. Hot off the press, and our last new one of the evening @UltimateMusic ‘Dreamers’ (@InfrasonicRec)… https://t.co/0M2gjc54gO
17. A global collaboration now. From Italy to Mexico, we bring you the sounds of @quizzowmusic & @Leonard_AMusic ‘S… https://t.co/OFuJ1J4tkT
16. Now to a catchy little number from our good friend @REALMAORLEVI, ‘Gemini’ (@DoornRecords)… https://t.co/KRDilQitul
15. More brand new music now from @MyonMuzik's Ride Recordings. Teaming up with @latenightalumni, this is ‘Hearts &… https://t.co/D4fUfvz5OO
14. Pushing your buttons this week is this Powerful rework from @andrewbayer here on an 'In My Last Life' gem. ‘Ope… https://t.co/a9uh6GKBQf
13. Florida producer @ShwinMusic makes an appearance on our playlists with ‘Cyclone’ (Emergent Shores)… https://t.co/P6GN6WUbEX
12. @GenixDJ is taking you to ‘Death Valley’ with his new single, which you can grab next week on the label (… https://t.co/omOAzgD577
11. The EP that keeps on giving... @Mat_Zo ‘See It When I Believe It’ (@anjunabeats) https://t.co/q9XbHqpJpi https://t.co/BsgiV1q0jY
10. All-star collaboration and three UK producers who know how to write a dancefloor belter, @CamelPhat x… https://t.co/G7471buY0Z
9. Flying over to Finland now for @lumisademusic ‘Onawo’ (@StatementMusic) https://t.co/q9XbHqpJpi https://t.co/tTCXNtdXA8
8. Keeping things on a similar tip with this beauty of a track from Oslo's @Fehrplay ‘Rosebud’ (@Mood_of_Mind)… https://t.co/t3TEBUXfHG
Up-and-coming British singer-songwriter Alice Chater unveils her brand new single 'Hourglass'.
With a fourth solo album having just dropped and his 50th birthday celebrations behind him, John Grant kicked off the UK leg of his latest tour in...
Tristan Corrigan on the difficulties of making music within a genre that is so popular.
They've just announced their 2019 70-date world tour and they've dropped a new single and video just to get fans even more excited.
Paloma Faith tests her aim in the video for her new single 'Loyal', directed by Jamie Travis, ahead of the release of album 'The Architect: Zeitgeist...
Seven months after the release of his second album 'Staying At Tamara's', George Ezra unveils the video to his newest single 'Hold My Girl'.
After teaming up with Benny Blanco and Khalid on the song 'Eastside' earlier this year, Halsey returns with her newest single 'Without Me'.
Kesha's latest single is 'Here Comes The Change' from the soundtrack of an important new biographical drama entitled 'On the Basis of Sex'.