Rumors that Paula Abdul would appear as a contestant on next season's Dancing With The Stars on ABC were snuffed out Monday when the show issued the lineup of contestants -- sans Abdul. However, MSNBC.com's "Scoop" column indicated that one of the reasons she won't be appearing is that she is now involved in "intense" negotiations with Fox for her return to American Idol. "Paula isn't lowering her price in any meaningful way," the column said, citing several people close to the talks. (She reportedly had been seeking a deal worth $10 million per year and had been offered half that amount.) The sources said that a compromise is likely to be worked out that would bring Abdul back to the Idol for the live shows only. "This will allow the original offer made by the show to stand, but Abdul would have a shorter time commitment," the column said.

18/08/2009