Rosie O'Donnell will not be returning to The View. ABC said on Friday that it had received a message from O'Donnell asking to be let out of her contract one month before it expires and that it had agreed to do so. Her request follows an explosive confrontation with the show's co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck during which each woman described the other as "cowardly." On Saturday, O'Donnell posted a message on her personal blog saying that she had always felt like "the foster kid" on The View. "I came and we considered adoption, but I really didn't fit into the family, and then it was time for the foster kid to go back home," she wrote. As for Hasselbeck, she said, "I never tried harder to be friends with someone than I did with her from the get go, but I don't think we ended up there, anywhere close." She disclosed that Hasselbeck had phoned and spoken to her partner, Kelli Carpenter. But, she said, "I haven't spoken to her, and I probably won't, and I think it's just as well." In a statement, The View producer, Barbara Walters, said, "Rosie contributed to one of our most exciting and successful years at The View. I am most appreciative. Our close and affectionate relationship will not change." But Donald Trump, who had feuded with O'Donnell earlier in the year, said on MSNBC, "A great service was done by getting her off the airwaves. ... She's a disaster."